Senior Manager, Demand Generation
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code intelligence platform helps developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. By enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our business is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven't even heard of code intelligence yet, but once you've used it, you can't live without it--just like Google). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
🌎 Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a particular time-zone preference for this role. However, you may need to be available for non-recurring urgent meetings outside of working hours.
Why this job is exciting
We’re seeking a strategic, data-driven Demand Generation Director to own & drive our global acquisition strategy across all channels, including SEM, social, digital and direct marketing, events, web & more. You’re a creative Demand Gen expert with a track record of scaling pipeline at high-growth organizations by building trust and affinity with enterprise buyers. Collaborating closely with our sales, marketing, and product teams, you’ll build the development and execution of high performing campaigns and programs to increase brand awareness and scale new business pipeline. This person must have a knack for technical writing and editing and has even dabbled in coding themselves. This is a hands-on, individual contributor role, which will give you that autonomy to truly build & have ownership of our Demand Gen engine.
- Own performance against key metrics, including marketing qualified leads (App downloads, Cody downloads, MQLs, SAO, conversion rates, and cloud trial conversions)) and marketing sourced and influenced pipeline
- Partner with Product Marketing to launch exciting new products and features, and build out vertical marketing programs
- Collaborate closely with Sales on outbound and account-based strategy
- Own demand forecasting and campaign reporting, including detailed funnel data and campaign insights
- Manage the demand generation team and programs to budget, timelines, and goals (including hiring and management of teammates and agencies)
📅 In your first 30 days, you will...
- Work with the CEO and VP of Sales to understand upcoming fiscal year strategies and objectives and quarterly OKRs
- Sync with Marketing and Sales Leadership on GTM strategy and plans to achieve quarterly goals.
- Meet with cross-functional teams to learn about our customers and use cases, and watch recorded sales calls to learn about our product and how we position it
- Immediately own and execute on pipeline development
- Dig into the data and assess channel and campaign performance
- Develop and socialize your 30-60-90 plan, including pipeline strategy
📅 In your first 60 days, you will...
- Implement any necessary tools for your team
- Partner with the sales and business operations teams on attribution tracking, funnel reporting & analytics dashboards to give company-wide visibility into all GTM efforts
- Complete a lead-scoring audit and implement any recommendations
- Clearly define demand generation priorities, goals, and strategy and build a framework for data-driven experimentation
- Start to execute against your plan, capitalizing on the biggest opportunities for optimization
- Forecast, track, analyze, and report on the impact of demand activities on pipeline, revenue, and funnel velocity
- Begin to finalize your plan for an integrated PLG and SLG demandgen motion
📅 In your first 90+ days, you will…
- Scale pipeline generation efforts and pilot new marketing channels (and messaging) based on data, market intel, and trends.
- Track SEM and SEO conversions and work with Product Marketing to optimize our website and digital platforms
- Optimize the customer journey across all touchpoints, and build out personalized experiences for our target customer personas
- Build a strong pipeline that will help us exceed our revenue goals
- Contribute to meaningful pipegen with both IC devs and enterprise buyers
- You’re a high agency marketing expert with deep expertise in data-driven demand generation, ideally for developer-focused products with a self-serve or freemium component
- You have 8+ years of experience specifically within the Demand Gen space
- You have experience with product-led growth strategies and account-based marketing
- You have deep experience with digital acquisition channels, behavioral and demographic targeting, and ROI-driven marketing optimization techniques
- You’ve managed a full marketing tech stack and you’re very comfortable with marketing automation, personalization tools, and CRM (preferably HubSpot and Salesforce), and BI tools like Tableau and Looker
- You lead with a focus on quality and understand the devastating impact of poor experiences on brand credibility and trust.
- You’re a great storyteller with proven experience using creative content to attract, engage, and delight your target audience
- You are collaborative and naturally work cross-functionally
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to make things happen
🔍 Nice to have
- You have experience with developer tools and/or have worked closely with developers and understand the developer community.
- You’ve used project management tools like Asana
📊 This job is an IC5. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.
💸 We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
💰 The target compensation for this role is $175,900 USD
📈 In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we’re the right fit for you… Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
We expect the interview process to take 5.5 hours in total.
👋 Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- [30m] Recruiter Screen
- [45m] Hiring Manager Screen
🧑💻 Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team…
- [60m] Resume Deep Dive
- [45m] Cross-functional Collaboration with Sales Leader
- [60m] Working Session
🎉 Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where you meet cross-functional partners and gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [30m] Values Interview
- [30m] Leadership Interview
- We check references and conduct your background check
Please note - you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees
Something looks off?