Analytics Engineer at AcuityMD
AcuityMD is the first software and data platform designed to commercialize medical technologies and accelerate patient access to cutting edge products. We already work with some of the biggest names in MedTech, and there’s boundless opportunity for growth. We are hiring Analytics Engineers to build, transform and deliver AcuityMD’s Core Data assets.
In this role, you will build and refine AcuityMD’s data assets and products and you will extend our data platform capabilities. You will build data pipelines to obtain new data, improve quality and coverage of existing data, and transform these data into a scalable platform that fuels our medtech specific modules. You will report to the Engineering Manager, Data and work cross-functionally with engineering, product and other teams.
We are building a world-class data products team to meticulously craft and deliver data assets and algorithms that enable new workflows and solve customer problems. Our data is as specialized as the MedTech products that save lives each day. Our team explores and models data, and prototypes, productizes and improves data transforms and pipelines to meet the needs of our users. We are looking for analytics engineers to transform our data, and bring new data assets and algorithms to life.
Our team applies principles from software engineering to analytics code, including version control, continuous integration and development, and orchestration. We make it easy for stakeholders to easily navigate and locate data, and understand the transforms that produced it.
We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- Empathize with new data and prototype new data products to inform the overall roadmap
- Transform, model and deliver raw data into usable, documented data products at an appropriate quality to application and business consumers
- Work directly with cross-functional stakeholders to collect business requirements and subject matter expertise to design data models and success outcomes or quality criteria
- Communicate and disseminate technical and domain-specific learnings to a wide range of stakeholders
- Implement and measure key metrics alongside data transforms to maintain and improve data quality over time
- You have 3+ years of analytics engineering experience
- You have built complex data transforms and pipelines as part of a cross-functional team
- You have demonstrated ability to explore, transform, and analyze data using SQL. Must have experience using Looker.
- You have experience with data orchestration tools
- You communicate complex business concepts, technical requirements, recommendations and code clearly and concisely
- You pay strong attention to detail
Nice to Haves
- You have built healthcare-specific data transforms as part of a cross-functional team
- You are familiar with healthcare datasets and workflows
- You seek hard analytical problems and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have a deep desire to understand how your downstream users actually consume your data
The Tech Stack
Our stack is primarily Typescript and Go, running on GCP with a PostgreSQL database. We also use React, Temporal, Hasura, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, Git, Docker, and Kubernetes.
You must have an eligible work permit in the USA or Canada to be considered for this position.
- Remote work: AcuityMD is committed to supporting full-remote flexibility for employees in the US. We provide a work-from-home stipend for all employees.
- Unlimited vacation: Generous time off and flexible hours give you the freedom to do your best work.
- Paid Health and Dental Plans: We offer 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans for all employees and 75% paid for our employees' dependents.
- Home Office Stipend: $1000 to invest in remote office equipment and WiFi reimbursement.
- Learning Budget: Reimbursements for relevant learning and up-skilling opportunities.
- Optional Team Retreats: We meet in-person multiple times per year for co-working and social gatherings.
- Parental Leave: 6-12 weeks of fully-paid, flexible parental leave.
- Ground floor opportunity: Join a high growth startup, backed by world class investors across Enterprise SaaS and Medical Devices (Benchmark, Redpoint Ventures, and Ajax Health).
- Competitive compensation with equity upside.
Who We Are:
The Company: We are builders, who are inspired by our mission to expand patient access to cutting edge medical technologies. We value working collaboratively to solve hard problems for our customers with simple, innovative solutions. We push ourselves to learn with empathy. We foster an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and we welcome new team members that share our values.
We're backed by Benchmark, Redpoint Ventures, Ajax Health, and several other leading software and medical device investors. Since Acuity launched in 2020, we've brought on customers ranging from publicly traded Fortune 500 companies to innovative growth-stage companies and regional medical device distributors.
The Product: AcuityMD uses data and software to help teams collaborate around the complex relationships they have with the users of medical technologies: doctors. Our platform empowers medical technology companies to see how their products are used, understand why outcomes vary, and identify opportunities where physicians or sites of care can better serve their patients.
AcuityMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AcuityMD is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of AcuityMD are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.