Staff Engineer, Data
Staff Engineer, Data
AcuityMD is a technology company that connects software and data to help MedTech companies of all sizes transform how they bring their products to market. Each year, the FDA approves ~6,000 new medical devices. Our platform helps MedTech companies identify opportunities where physicians and sites of care can better serve their patients so they can improve patient care with the latest technology. We’re backed by Benchmark, Redpoint, and Ajax Health, and we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of cutting-edge medical technologies.
In this role, you will lead the design and development of a robust data warehouse and data models. You will do this by fostering collaborations with other teams, strategically aligning data models with business requirements, providing training and mentorship on data development.
The Data Team is on a mission to transform raw data into assets that directly generate sales for our customers and help to bring cutting edge medical technology to the patients that need it most. We thrive on the challenge of turning complexity into simplicity and driving the continuous growth of our products. We acquire terabytes of data from diverse sources, and refine them with modern data processing tools and machine learning algorithms. This shapes the future of our products and delivers value to the customers.
- Play a prominent role in the design and development of a robust data warehouse and data models that will greatly enhance self-service capabilities for downstream applications
- Foster strong and effective collaborations with other Engineering and Business teams to ensure smooth and seamless integration of data with the rest of the application
- Work closely with Analytics Engineers and Data Product Managers to strategically design and align data models based on specific business requirements
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation that encompasses data models, warehousing processes, and end-to-end architecture for easy reference and understanding
- Offer valuable training and mentorship to other data professionals interested about data modeling and warehousing practices
- Implement and optimize highly efficient ETL pipelines to facilitate the seamless integration of new and diverse data sources into the data warehouse environment
- 8+ years of experience as a Staff or Senior Data Engineer/Architect
- Experience designing, building and maintaining data lakes and data warehouses
- Solid understanding of data processing and ETL/ELT subsystems
- Strong understanding of data modeling techniques and the different data architecture patterns
- Fluent in SQL and Python
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and communication skills
- Previous experience building out modern cloud based data warehouses like Big Query, Snowflake, Databricks etc
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with the Google Cloud services stack
- Familiarity with dagster and dbt
- Familiarity with docker and kubernetes
You must have an eligible work permit in the USA or Canada to be considered for this position.
- Remote work: AcuityMD is committed to supporting full-remote flexibility for employees in the US. We provide a work-from-home stipend for all employees.
- Unlimited vacation: Generous time off and flexible hours give you the freedom to do your best work.
- Paid Health and Dental Plans: We offer 100% paid health and dental plans for all employees and 75% paid for our employees' dependents.
- Home Office Stipend: $1000 to invest in remote office equipment and WiFi reimbursement.
- Learning Budget: Reimbursements for relevant learning and up-skilling opportunities.
- Optional Team Retreats: We meet in-person multiple times per year for co-working and social gatherings.
- Parental Leave: 6-12 weeks of fully-paid, flexible parental leave.
- Ground floor opportunity: Join a high growth startup, backed by world class investors across Enterprise SaaS and Medical Devices (Benchmark, Redpoint Ventures, and Ajax Health).
- Competitive compensation with equity upside.
Who We Are:
The Company: We are builders, who are inspired by our mission to expand patient access to cutting-edge medical technologies. We value working collaboratively to solve hard problems for our customers with simple, innovative solutions. We push ourselves to learn with empathy. We foster an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and we welcome new team members that share our values.
We're backed by Benchmark, Redpoint Ventures, Ajax Health, and several other leading software investors.
AcuityMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AcuityMD is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of AcuityMD are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.