Business Operations Manager
Business Operations Manager
AcuityMD is a software and data platform that accelerates access to medical technologies. Each year, the FDA approves ~6,000 new medical devices. Our platform helps MedTech companies get these products to physicians more effectively so they can improve patient care with the latest technology. We're backed by Benchmark, Redpoint, and Ajax Health and we help MedTech companies identify how their products are used, understand why outcomes vary and identify opportunities where physicians can better serve their patients.
As a Business Operations Manager, you’ll be the critical link between our business strategy and our operational execution. You'll use data to measure business performance, identify opportunity areas, then design, implement, and iterate on solutions across the business. You’ll own critical company initiatives, ranging from OKR setting to helping stand up new functions. This will be a highly cross-functional role with collaboration with different team leads and members at AcuityMD.
Business Operations exists to resolve ambiguity at AcuityMD. We’re a team of business generalists unifying AcuityMD’s business strategy with available resources. We aim to improve collaboration in evolving business processes during rapid growth. We push progress on central planning initiatives, including measuring and improving business performance, driving clarity on company goals, and aligning the leadership team on critical business initiatives. And we often help stand up early versions of functions at AcuityMD. Over time, we build the organizational capacity for teams to operate without us.
- Company Operating Rhythm - Own the operating rhythm of AcuityMD, including company OKRs, quarterly/annual planning, executive business reviews, and All-Hands meetings
- Process & Function Incubation - Identify gaps and opportunities across the company and collaborate cross-functionally to build out new functions and processes to drive improvement
- KPIs & Insights - Develop and automate metrics/KPIs to measure business performance; then gather, analyze, and present data and insights to support operational and strategic decision-making
- Cross-functional Alignment & Special Projects - Lead high-impact special projects to drive alignment with company strategy and OKRs across Finance, Product, Engineering, Go-to-Market, and People Operations
- BOD and Investor Updates - Assist with the preparation of Board materials, investor presentations, fundraising efforts, and M&A processes
- Ad Hoc Analysis - Conduct various ad hoc analysis pertaining to but not limited to: market sizing and penetration, business cases, pricing and monetization, efficiency and profitability
- Bachelors degree from a 4-year university
- You have 3-5+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or Business Operations/Finance at a venture-backed startup
- You are an excellent relationship-builder who builds credibility with team members at all levels, including executives
- You are a strategic thinker with the ability to structure complex and ambiguous operational/business issues and compelling solutions to different audiences
- You have an exceptional ability to prioritize your work and remain highly organized
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator
- You are highly proficient in Excel or Google Sheets and have built complex financial models
- You are skilled in designing presentations in Google Slides or Powerpoint
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- You’re able to flex between big picture thinking and day-to-day execution
- You approach problems with “why?” and resolve ambiguity through data and first principles thinking
- You’re passionate about turning chaos into structure and relish the opportunity to take projects from 0 to 1
Nice to Haves
- You have experience with business intelligence platforms & tools like Omni, Looker, Tableau, and SQL
- You‘re passionate about the healthcare and / or the medical device industry
- You have experience working in B2B Enterprise SaaS
- Willingness to travel domestically 2-4x per year to company off-sites
You must have an eligible work permit in the USA or Canada to be considered for this position
- Remote work: AcuityMD is committed to supporting full-remote flexibility for employees in the US. We provide a work-from-home stipend for all employees.
- Unlimited vacation: Generous time off and flexible hours give you the freedom to do your best work.
- Paid Health and Dental Plans: We offer 100% paid health and dental plans for all employees and 75% paid for our employees' dependents.
- Home Office Stipend: $1000 to invest in remote office equipment and WiFi reimbursement.
- Learning Budget: Reimbursements for relevant learning and up-skilling opportunities.
- Optional Team Retreats: We meet in-person multiple times per year for co-working and social gatherings.
- Parental Leave: 6-12 weeks of fully-paid, flexible parental leave.
- Ground floor opportunity: Join a high growth startup, backed by world class investors across Enterprise SaaS and Medical Devices (Benchmark, Redpoint Ventures, and Ajax Health).
- Competitive compensation with equity upside.
Who We Are:
The Company: We are builders, who are inspired by our mission to expand patient access to cutting-edge medical technologies. We value working collaboratively to solve hard problems for our customers with simple, innovative solutions. We push ourselves to learn with empathy. We foster an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and we welcome new team members that share our values.
We're backed by Benchmark, Redpoint Ventures, Ajax Health, and several other leading software investors.
AcuityMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AcuityMD is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of AcuityMD are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.