Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 7, 2023
AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to come and work on our growing Data and AI stack. You will be working with a team of highly skilled Software Engineers and AI Engineers. If you are excited about building highly scalable Data and AI infrastructure from the ground up, then AppZen is the right place for you to apply and grow your skills.
- Experience in design and deployment of real-world, large-scale, user-facing systems
- Experience developing software on top of different types of databases such as Postgres, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, and S3
- Experience developing software on top of cloud computing tools such as Kubernetes and AWS
- Experience working with observability tools for production systems, such as Prometheus, Grafana and related systems such as Service Mesh
- Proficiency in Python or Go
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills; communicate proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions to drive business decisions
- B.S./M.S.+ in Computer Science, Engineering with 3-4+ years of experience, or other relevant technical field with 6-7+ years of experience
- You are a team player
- Exposure to probability and statistics, and machine learning, including experimental design, predictive modeling, optimization, and causal inference. Solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals, and familiar with standard algorithms and techniques
- Professional experience in golang, and tools in the golang ecosystem (such as Temporal, Cadence)
- Professional experience using streaming data technology such as Kafka, Kinesis, Apache Flink
- Competitive salary package and bonus or variable incentive pay depending on role
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) match
- $250 annual reimbursement for continuous learning
- Onsite gym access for HQ (San Jose) employees
- Lots of office perks like snacks, happy hours, company events
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
AppZen is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The base pay range for this role is posted above. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.