San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 2, 2023
AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager with deep finance domain experience to define the vision, strategy and roadmap of AppZen products. The ideal candidate will be a finance domain expert with experience in building products that leverage AI and ML to deliver real ROI to customers. AppZen is a fast-paced environment, where we seek to innovate while ensuring that our exponentially growing customer base is successful. AppZen Product Managers work with our world-class Engineering and AI teams to build our products, and work on enabling our Customer Success team to make our customers successful. They also enable our GTM teams to effectively market and sell our products.
- Help build products and features to automate processes in Finance, especially in processes related to Enterprise Spend
- Keen eye for details and ability to work with designers to create consumer grade UX
- Collaborate with Engineering and AI teams to build new features
- Understand different KPIs defined in Finance business processes
- Craft a coherent product vision, strategy and roadmap; Ability to map out the customer journey to drive requirements
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience and pain points, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Be a ruthless prioritizer. Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, understanding the domain, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating and rapidly iterating towards something awesome
- Must be a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced startup environment. Ideally have seen a product through hyper-growth
- Must have a big picture of how a Finance organization would work at a company - what are all the critical metrics to drive business optimization
- 4+ years of work experience in product management; Experience with Expense Management, Procurement, Electronic Invoicing, and Accounts Payable systems & processes
- Experience in integrating with Enterprise Applications such as SAP, Oracle, Coupa and Workday
- Experience building AI solutions
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Competitive salary package and bonus or variable incentive pay depending on role
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) match
- $250 annual reimbursement for continuous learning
- Onsite gym access for HQ (San Jose) employees
- Lots of office perks like snacks, happy hours, company events
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
AppZen is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The base pay range for this role is listed above. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.