Demand Generation Leader
Sales & Business Development, Operations
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com.
Ten years ago AppZen created AI for Finance teams and we partnered with a legacy firm to share our product. Now, we’re getting back to speaking directly with our customers and we’re looking for a strategic and visionary demand generation leader to join the team.
As the DG leader you’ll be responsible for revenue generation and new logo acquisition at AppZen. The Demand Generation leader is a high-impact role that will set strategic direction for demand generation and partner with the broader go-to-market team to execute it. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this person will bring experience in creating pipeline and contributing to repeatable revenue in high-growth startup environments. The right candidate is highly analytical, creative, and has experience executing campaigns across multiple channels such as social media, email, and search, as well as supporting sales through account-based marketing programs.
Planning and Execution:
- Build, design, plan, manage, measure, and optimize integrated digital campaigns across multiple channels to generate pipeline.
- Work closely with Sales leadership to develop and test engagement and marketing campaigns including tactics such as live events, webinars, content, and advertising to reach buyers.
- Partner with revenue operations to improve channel attribution and performance reporting.
- Create a budget and channel allocation recommendations to achieve mid- and long-term goals, optimizing for sustainable growth and ROI.
- Build out tests, analyze performance, and implement winning variations. Develop and automate lead scoring methodologies, nurture email campaigns, and retargeting campaigns.
- Regularly analyze and communicate marketing performance to your peers as well as executives in order to support your strategic recommendations.
Management and Coaching:
- Mentor and manage demand generation marketers to execute prioritized initiatives.
- Provide data-driven recommendations to improve user acquisition channel strategies, campaign performance, and increase conversions.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Marketing team to drive conversion rate optimization by developing new landing pages and ensuring all pages abide by the latest SEO best practice.
- Comfortable working in and training on tools and platforms, such as — GA4, Intercom, Hubspot, Salesforce and 6Sense.
- An experienced performance marketer with experience in growth marketing and/or demand generation for high-growth B2B companies.
- Fluent in multi-channel with deep experience executing strategies for organic and paid growth through multiple stages of scale for high-growth companies.
- Strong creative sensibilities.
- Able to synthesize and interpret data, market, and customer insights into successful marketing strategies and creative execution.
- Strategy-focused and can take large concepts and projects and develop actionable plans while seeing them through to completion.
- Detail-oriented and proactive. You are comfortable making decisions with incomplete information but you thoroughly track, measure, and analyze data to inform your decisions as much as possible.
- Competitive salary package and bonus or variable incentive pay depending on role
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) match
- $250 annual reimbursement for continuous learning
- Onsite gym access for HQ (San Jose) employees
- Lots of office perks like snacks, happy hours, company events
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
At AppZen, we embody a culture of consistent iteration, feedback, collaboration and endless curiosity. We’re always looking for new diverse perspectives about how we can contribute to the business. We lean into doing the hard things which has allowed us to become the established AI company we are today.
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.