San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com.
We are looking for a Director Alliances to drive AppZen’s enablement, operations and revenue growth with systems integrator, reseller, technology and consulting partners. The AlliancesDirector will manage all aspects of the partner sales strategy and development lifecycle; partner recruitment and onboarding, strategy development, partner launches, ongoing field enablement and operations, and closing partner sales opportunities.
This role is expected to commute into the San Jose office three days per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Reports to SVP of Field Sales Operations
- Develop a comprehensive alliances and channels strategy
- Recruit new potential SI/ISV/Tech partners or resellers
- Develop and execute business plans with all sales partners. Publish and share progress against plans with management weekly, monthly and quarterly with QBRs
- Oversee development of partner sales, net new customer acquisition, partner enablement, and engagement plans and processes to achieve specific business objectives
- Interact and manage Alliances Executives as we hire and team grows
- Report weekly, monthly and quarterly; on all Lead development of co/joint sales/marketing programs, events, and partner collateral
- Educate internal and partner sales teams on how to effectively communicate the offering, how to engage and sell together, and the value delivered by region and revenue goals by quarter
- Develop metrics for tracking, and reporting, the new client/revenue performance for the partner relationships
- Lead from the front and engage with partners frequently to manage/grow the collective base of customers/revenue
- Engage as needed with internal Sales, CSM and other functions to ensure the needs of customers sourced through partner are met and build a specific plan for each partner
- Measure, monitor and effectively report on partner activity to management, highlighting key activity and results weekly/monthly/quarterly as needed
- Exceptional partner sales, written, and oral communication skills; must be persuasive and excel at presenting
- Travel is critical (up to 30%+ of time) along with strong business analytical skills
- Strong sales management and partner operational skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and develop strategic plans successfully
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate and work across functional teams – both internally and with partners, both in-person and virtually
- Ability to achieve sales objectives and influence others and leverage for success
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to cultivate business relationships through networking
- 5+ years of experience in sales, channel/alliances, with clear records of success and progression of responsibility
- Experience recruiting, developing and managing channels
- B.S. degree
- Experience with Finance software highly desirable
- Diverse background managing channels teams with hands-on experience with fast-paced problem solving
- Competitive salary package and bonus or variable incentive pay depending on role
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) match
- $250 annual reimbursement for continuous learning
- Onsite gym access for HQ (San Jose) employees
- Lots of office perks like snacks, happy hours, company events
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
AppZen is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The base pay range for this role is listed above. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.