Director of Alliances
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com.
We are looking for a Director of Alliances to drive AppZen’s enablement, operations and revenue growth with systems integrator, reseller, technology and consulting partners. This person will play a pivotal role in identifying and cultivating strategic partnerships in the AI-first product areas for finance. This position goes beyond traditional alliances and partnerships, focusing on finding new opportunities across software products, payments, banks, and cards.
This role is expected to commute into the San Jose office three days per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Reports to SVP of Field Sales Operations.
- Strategic Analysis: Conduct a comprehensive analysis of AppZen's business to identify potential partnership opportunities in AI-driven finance products. Understand market trends, competitor landscape, and customer needs to inform alliance strategies.
- Partnership Identification: Explore and identify potential partners in software products, payments, banks, and cards industries. Evaluate alignment with AppZen's goals and objectives, and assess the potential for mutually beneficial collaboration.
- Opportunity Evaluation: Assess and prioritize partnership opportunities based on strategic fit, market potential, and revenue impact. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to evaluate the feasibility of each opportunity.
- Investment Recommendations: Develop a clear understanding of the ROI for potential partnerships and present compelling business cases to leadership. Recommend investment strategies for the top 2-3 partnership opportunities.
- Relationship Building: Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders in potential partner organizations. Engage as needed with internal Sales, CSM and other functions to ensure the needs of customers sourced through partner are met and build a specific plan for each partner to ensure a cohesive and integrated approach to alliance development.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with product, sales, and business development teams to align alliance strategies with overall business objectives. Ensure seamless integration of partnerships into AppZen's product and sales ecosystem.
- Performance Monitoring: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for alliances and regularly monitor and report on the success of partnerships. Implement adjustments and improvements as needed.
- MBA or equivalent business-related degree.
- Proven experience in business development, alliances, corporate sales, or venture roles.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess market trends and identify strategic opportunities.
- Familiarity with AI-driven products and the finance industry is a plus.
- Exceptional partner sales, written, and oral communication skills; must be persuasive and excel at presenting.
- Travel is critical (up to 30%+ of time) along with strong business analytical skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and develop strategic plans successfully.
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate and work across functional teams – both internally and with partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to achieve sales objectives and influence others and leverage for success.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to cultivate business relationships through networking.
- Competitive salary package and bonus or variable incentive pay depending on role.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees.
- 401(k) match.
- $250 annual reimbursement for continuous learning.
- Onsite gym access for HQ (San Jose) employees.
- Lots of office perks like snacks, happy hours, company events.
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees.
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.