Specialist - Professional Services Operations
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com.
We are looking for a motivated, results-driven self-starter to join our team. The qualified candidate will generate and review AppZen’s customer statements of work (SOWs) to ensure these contracts are structured, quoted, and priced according to established financial and compliance policies and will evaluate SOWs for exceptions. PS Ops Specialist provides expert guidance and coaching to the Deal Desk (DD) and Sales teams in structuring and quoting of professional services engagements to implement the AppZen platform for existing customers and prospects. This person will manage such contracts from initial review to contract execution. This is a highly visible role that involves extensive daily interaction with senior executives and requires meaningful ongoing interaction with members across professional services, sales, finance, deal desk, revenue accounting, and legal teams at AppZen and will require establishing a close working relationship with key stakeholders in these teams. This position will require the ability to multi-task, juggling high volumes and tight deadlines, while being able to analyze complex contract structures to advise the Services and Sales teams on an optimal approach. The successful candidate will display a strong aptitude for numbers, attention to detail, good communication skills, energy, and an ability to think on their feet. This individual will be a trusted advisor and liaison between the GTM Operations and the Deal Desk Team while reviewing and validating that all deals meet the financial controls that AppZen has established. Direct experience is not necessary, but a positive attitude and ambition are key to success.
- Manage specific SOWs and change orders by working closely with the CS/DD team in deal structuring, quoting, pricing, and special terms.
- Review SOWs and Change Orders to validate adherence to financial and compliance policies and ensure non-standard terms are processed through exception approvals management.
- Work closely with Deal Desk, Finance and Accounting to ensure all SOWs have the appropriate booking packages including fully executable agreements and documentation of exception approvals.
- Coach the CS organization during the customer/contracting lifecycle, from Late-stage lead-to-Quote and Contract-to-Order on objection handling, alternative options, and competitive value propositions that support customer and partner use-cases.
- Establish and enforce contracting guidelines and methodology; educate DD, CS and Sales teams on best practices for fulfilling standard as well as non-standard deals, including communications to sales, services, and management teams on contracting best practices.
- Analyze problems using sound business judgment and creatively determine solutions in order to effectively resolve issues and continuously improve business processes and systems.
- Manage data reporting in SFDC and for all proposed and closed SOWs and Change Orders. Support ad-hoc improvement initiatives within and outside of the Deal Desk function as needed. Coordinate with and advise the wider Go-to-market Operations team on any enhancements to the deal desk process.
- 7-10 years of demonstrated work experience in related fields; Deal Desk, managing SOWs, Customer Success Operations or Implementation Success Operations.
- Working knowledge of Software Implementation lifecycle required.
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition considerations required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Experience with reporting & analytics tools; Salesforce.com (SFDC) a plus.
- Flexibility with working a night shift (if required)
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.