Assistant Manager - Finance
Accounting & Finance
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com.
About the Role:
As a member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for the Accounts payable, GL and Month close processes for the US and India entity.
This role contributes collaboratively to ensure compliance with current accounting guidance, company policy and internal controls.
Ideal candidate will be a detailed oriented and motivated self-starter who thrives working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
You should have excellent communication skills, good stakeholder management and people / team management skills.
Duties and Responsibilties
- Financial Reporting: Preparing and presenting accurate and timely financial statements, reports, and analysis to senior management, stakeholders, and regulatory authorities. Ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards, regulations, and laws.
- Budgeting and Cost Management: Leading the budgeting process, collaborating with various departments to establish budgetary goals and targets. Monitoring and controlling expenses, identifying cost-saving opportunities, and implementing effective cost management strategies.
- Cash Flow Management: Managing cash flow and liquidity to ensure the organization's financial stability. Monitoring and projecting cash flow, optimizing working capital, and implementing appropriate cash management strategies.
- Financial Operations: Owning day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, payroll, and general accounting activities including month close activities and balance sheet reconciliations. Ensuring accurate and timely processing of financial transactions and adherence to financial policies and procedures.
- Financial Compliance: Ensuring compliance with financial regulations, tax laws, and reporting requirements. Coordinating audits and reviews by internal and external auditors, addressing any findings, and implementing corrective actions. Also ensuring compliance under Income Tax, GST, FEMA, Contract Labor, Provident Fund, ESI, Gratuity, Shops and Establishment, Workmen Compensation, etc
- Team Leadership: Managing and developing a team of finance professionals. Guiding, training, and supporting them to enhance their skills and performance. Promoting a positive work environment and fostering collaboration within the finance department and across other functional areas·
- Be proactive in identifying and addressing complex financial reporting issues as they arise and providing input into the application of the technical accounting rules in accordance with Indian GAAP·
- Maintain strong controls and processes in reporting, accounting and financial data and look for process automation / improvement opportunities
What we are looking for:
- CA and /or CPA certification preferred
- 6-8 years of similar experience in a tech start-up OR MNC.
- Knowledge of US GAAP , Indian GAAP required
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, with the ability to manipulate and understand large quantities of data
- Strategic Thinking, Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately and is flexible
- Highly motivated, energetic and self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and the ability to build relationships with others
- Ability to make independent decisions, self-starter, performing with minimal supervision
Things that make a difference:
- Prior technology or SaaS industry experience.
- Recent experience in NetSuite ERP and / or Salesforce
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.