Sales Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com.
A successful career at AppZen means you’ll be working within a rapid growth organization in a fast-paced environment, with highly-talented people. This position is expected to commute into the Phoenix office three days per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Ongoing hiring, mentoring and development of the sales development team which includes: recruiting, hiring and training new reps; enforcing the use of salesforce.com and AppZen’s selling method; and coaching SDRs on strategies to open up conversations, create urgency and overcome objections
- Refine and evolve a scalable, measurable and predictable process for running and growing the team cost effectively while continuously improving efficiency
- Support team by engaging corporate resources as required
- Provide weekly reporting on volume statistics, lead pipeline, conversion to qualified prospects, sales opportunities generated and campaign effectiveness
- Consistently monitor the activity of the sales development team and track results to continually improve productivity
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of Process, Efficiency and Productivity
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of AppZen products and technologies, competitors, and industry trends
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Accounting or a computer-related field is required
- Four or more years of experience in B2B telemarketing, sales development or sales management, preferably in business applications, with a consistent track record of over-achievement of quota
- Proven ability to effectively hire and train new representatives
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment
- High business acumen is a must
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong relationship building skills and overall comprehension of sales cycles
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Financial Applications or complimentary solutions preferred
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.