Triage Security Analyst - Intern
Ready to further your career in the fast-paced, exciting world of cyber security?
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. We have won countless awards for our excellence in security operations and remain dedicated to providing an industry-leading customer and employee experience.
Our mission is simple: End Cyber Risk. We’re looking for a Triage Security Analyst - Intern to be part of making this happen.
The Triage Security Analyst - Intern (SAI) is a 1st level Security Operations Center role, supporting our security services around the world. The SAI is an internal triage analyst who assesses inbound security data and communications, dealing with straightforward tasks and escalating to our Security Engineers as needed. This role also leverages network troubleshooting skills to assist customers in finding resolutions to their technical issues.
Important Information about the role:
Arctic Wolf Networks is a 24×7 work environment and SAI’s are critical in developing exciting new talent on our team. After an onboarding period of time, we are able to accommodate part time working hours in this role that include weekend and after business hours times. This role is also suitable for co-op and internship positions for full time placement while in attendance at a registered college or university. Full-time career progression opportunities exist encouraging development into a Security Analyst role; a shift work rotating position including 12 and 8 hour days, nights, and weekend shifts 24x7x365.
As a Triage Security Analyst - Intern you will:
- Understand IT infrastructure and networking to be able to identify security incidents with the help and guidance of Senior Security Personnel.
- Triage customer requests, apply playbook driven solutions, initiate potential incident investigations through assignment to security engineers
- Attention to process and a willingness to learn are critical assets for the right candidate.
- Strong communication skills and easily interact with a variety of different people and personalities. Success in this role depends on the effective dispatch of both security and communication triage events to the correct persons in a timely manner.
- Understand the processes and systems Arctic Wolf uses, this will be critical in helping the team handle customer requests.
- Identifying new runbooks required to aid in expanding the knowledge of the team
- Continuously drive to learn new aspects of the security business.
- Review customer configurations to ensure that the system is operating effectively. Resolve any issues that you find problematic leveraging documented procedures and playbooks
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational health of sensors and scanners in customer environments.
- Investigate end-point agent installation and operational issues.
- Resolve cloud sensor configuration and communication issues.
We are looking for someone who might be/have:
- Currently enrolled in (or recently completed) a BSc degree in Computer Science or College program in a CyberSecurity discipline OR 2 years in the IT industry
- Demonstrated passion in networking or cybersecurity
- Customer-facing experience in any fashion
You will be required to attend trainings, seminars or webinars relevant to job role to enhance current knowledge base and skill set in order to improve job performance and efficiency.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Security basics
- Malware knowledge
- Network Routing and Switching knowledge
- Virtual environment experience with VMware or Hyper-V
- Firewalls and IDS/IPS
- Linux, Windows, Mac operating systems
- Windows and Active Directory
- Cloud technologies including AWS, Azure
- MCSE or Active Directory MCP certificates an asset
About Arctic Wolf
At Arctic Wolf we’re cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow globally. We’ve been named one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world for 2022 (Fast Company)—and the 2nd Most Innovative Security Company. This is in addition to consecutive awards from Top Workplace USA (2021, 2022), Best Places to Work - USA (2021, 2022) and Great Place to Work - Canada (2021, 2022).
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and seeking to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
We celebrate unique perspectives by creating a platform for all voices to be heard through our Pack Unity program. We encourage all employees to join or create a new alliance. See more about our Pack Unity here.
We also believe and practice corporate responsibility, and have recently joined the Pledge 1% Movement, ensuring that we continue to give back to our community. We know that through our mission to End Cyber Risk we will continue to engage and give back to our communities.
- All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including: Equity for all employees
- Flexible time off, paid volunteer days and paid parental leave
- RRSP and 401k match
- Training and career development programs
- ·Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information (in accordance with our employee handbook and corporate policies)
- Background checks are required for this position
Come join the Pack during this exciting time of rapid growth where every employee makes a difference and their contributions are recognized and rewarded.