Senior Principal Security Architect
Ready to further your career in the fast-paced, exciting world of cyber security?
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. We have won countless awards for our excellence in security operations and remain dedicated to providing an industry-leading customer and employee experience.
Our mission is simple: End Cyber Risk. We’re looking for a Senior Principal Security Architect to be part of making this happen.
About the Role:
As a Senior Principal Security Architect, you are a member of the Enterprise Security & Risk Management team and lead the architectural and technical security vision for the Corporate estate.
In this role, you will work closely with stakeholders and existing IT teams to build and own the security architecture strategy. You indirectly influence all technology team and will be responsible for guiding and coaching technical leaders across multiple domains, and partnering closely with the teams that own the tech stack.
Your role is to derive technical solutions to address program success or future concepts and challenges, requiring a longer-term view to meet strategic goals and objectives, and requiring evaluation based on limited information, and exercising independent judgment of the trade-offs involved.
You will be highly proficient in multiple technical disciplines, but especially in network security architecture, cloud infrastructure (Amazon Web Services preferred), containerized development and contemporary security technologies. Good technical experience with Palo Alto Prisma Access and/or NGFWs is a strong asset. You value technical excellence over people management.
- Setting and driving the vision and strategy in your focused area.
- Working across IT teams, partners and stakeholders outside of the security team to define and execute on that area and how that area rolls up to support the company’s overall strategic vision.
- Owning the technical and architectural vision, solution design and architectural decisions within your architecture area.
- Being highly hands-on where necessary.
- Providing technical leadership and expertise to architects and engineers, and IT for their realm of expertise, and to keep abreast of new developments.
- Analyzing, recommending, and developing POCs and prototypes of architecture designs, technologies, 3rd party tools and integrations.
- Identifying and evaluating trade-offs between various architectural decisions to inform design choices.
- Providing technical oversight, guidance and coaching to architects and engineers.
- Ensuring that our solutions meets all requirements of quality and security.
- Contributing to all levels of the architecture applicable to their realm of expertise.
We are a security-focused, detail oriented and results driven organization that rewards technical expertise and lateral thinking. We investigate solutions, look at the trade-offs, and lay the groundwork and architectural strategy.
You are an expert Security Architect, or technical leader who influences the architecture across an entire department. You have proven technical leadership experience from previous projects, regardless of title held. You have been central in introducing novel and innovative solutions, have experience configuring and operating multiple technologies, and have deep knowledge across multiple domains. You enjoy learning new concepts, technology research and experimentation. You are a mentor to technical leaders across multiple domains, and coach to architects and engineers. You are comfortable communicating technical ideas to audiences of different skill levels, and to leadership. You create formal networks with key decision makers and are widely recognized as an expert and thought leader.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven history of technical leadership of successful projects, as well as some lessons learned from failures.
- History of being central to introducing novel and innovative solutions.
- Mastery of technical details, best practices, and design patterns across multiple domains.
- Thorough knowledge of network security concepts such as firewalls, trust zones, packet and TLS inspection, routing and network services such as DNS.
- Knowledge of current industry and emerging technologies, to compare and contrast against, and innovate upon these technologies.
- Experience in technical architecture, system architecture, solution architecture, and enterprise architecture.
- Experience in software development with Golang, Python, Java or a similar high-level language.
- History of making and defending, effective decisions using data and research, and accepting feedback.
- Proven History of explaining technical concepts using audience-specific language for audiences with different technical skill levels.
- Previous security and network architecture experience is essential.
About Arctic Wolf:
At Arctic Wolf we’re cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow globally. We’ve been named one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world for 2022 (Fast Company)—and the 2nd Most Innovative Security Company. This is in addition to consecutive awards from Top Workplace USA (2021, 2022), Best Places to Work - USA (2021, 2022) and Great Place to Work - Canada (2021, 2022).
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and seeking to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
We celebrate unique perspectives by creating a platform for all voices to be heard through our Pack Unity program. We encourage all employees to join or create a new alliance. See more about our Pack Unity here.
We also believe and practice corporate responsibility, and have recently joined the Pledge 1% Movement, ensuring that we continue to give back to our community. We know that through our mission to End Cyber Risk we will continue to engage and give back to our communities.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Bonus or commission pay based on role
- Flexible time off, paid volunteer days and paid parental leave
- 401k match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Agreement
- Voluntary Legal Insurance
- Training and career development programs
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information (in accordance with our employee handbook and corporate policies).
- Background checks are required for this position.
Come join the Pack during this exciting time of rapid growth where every employee makes a difference and their contributions are recognized and rewarded.