Director, Security Operations
Ready to further your career in the fast-paced, exciting world of cyber security?
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. We have won countless awards for our excellence in security operations and remain dedicated to providing an industry-leading customer and employee experience.
Our mission is simple: End Cyber Risk. We’re looking for a Director, Security Operations to be part of making this happen.
About the Role:
The Director, Security Operations, is responsible for hiring and training all team SOC Triage Security Engineers and Security Analysts. This role will oversee the SOC team in their assigned geography North America – Canada.
As Director of Security Operations, you will:
- Operate the world’s leading 24x7 Security Operations Center. While this role is considered business hours, the support for the team, which may take form in after hours from time to time is expected.
- Act as a subject matter expert on workflow for both inbound and outbound Security Operations related requests.
- Facilitate with other Security Operations leaders, ensuring strong alignment, and cohesion across teams.
- Ensure all Security Services service-level SLO’s are met.
- Provide leadership during security events. Acts as an escalation contact to support investigations as required.
- Effectively own and implement strategic objectives as part of maturing the security services business.
- Drive automation considerations with Product Management, keying in on any efficiency opportunities, regardless of how radical ideas may appear.
- Own and execute all operational aspects of their region for SOC Operations; driving strategic objections to help mature the organization.
Who You Are:
The Director of Security Operations is a critical member of the Security Services leadership team. You will be working with and advising senior leadership, providing updates, metrics and solutions to various operational challenges and changes. Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and who embraces opportunities for mentorship and strategic leadership is the ideal fit for this role.
Your experience and skillset could look like:
- Ability to identify opportunities in current processes and take action to roll out necessary changes.
- Knowledge of industry adopted frameworks and methodologies (MITRE ATT&CK, CIS, NIST, ISO, PCI-DSS, etc.)
- Ability to lead a technology-focused and driven SecOps team, to balance and prioritize across a fast-paced, growth-oriented global environment and to manage the team’s coverage and growth.
- Proven ability to rapidly analyze complex technical security threats and incident information to be able to communicate business-impacting risk to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently, manage projects, and exercise judgement in reaching solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication required. Must be able to articulate written information to customers.
- Demonstrated success in delivering analysis via a creative approach with the mindset of an adversary.
- A degree in Cybersecurity or equivalent and 4+ years’ experience working and managing within a Security Operations Center.
- Demonstrated experience Managing at a Department level – a “manager of managers”
- Demonstrated experience transforming and building operational excellence within a SOC
About Arctic Wolf
At Arctic Wolf we’re cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow globally. We’ve been named one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world for 2022 (Fast Company)—and the 2nd Most Innovative Security Company. This is in addition to consecutive awards from Top Workplace USA (2021, 2022), Best Places to Work - USA (2021, 2022) and Great Place to Work - Canada (2021, 2022).
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and seeking to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
We celebrate unique perspectives by creating a platform for all voices to be heard through our Pack Unity program. We encourage all employees to join or create a new alliance. See more about our Pack Unity here.
We also believe and practice corporate responsibility, and have recently joined the Pledge 1% Movement, ensuring that we continue to give back to our community. We know that through our mission to End Cyber Risk we will continue to engage and give back to our communities.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Bonus or commission pay based on role
- Flexible time off, paid volunteer days and paid parental leave
- 401k match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Agreement
- Voluntary Legal Insurance
- Training and career development programs
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information (in accordance with our employee handbook and corporate policies).
- Background checks are required for this position.
Come join the Pack during this exciting time of rapid growth where every employee makes a difference and their contributions are recognized and rewarded.