Shift Lead Security Operations
Ready to further your career in the fast-paced, exciting world of cyber security?
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. We have won countless awards for our excellence in security operations and remain dedicated to providing an industry-leading customer and employee experience.
Our mission is simple: End Cyber Risk. We’re looking for a Shift Lead, Security Operations to be part of making this happen.
About the Role:
The Triage Shift Lead, Security Operations is responsible for all day-to-day team operations of the SOC (Security Operations Center) Triage Security Engineers and Analysts. The team delivers 24x7x365 detection, response, and customer engagement for our portfolio of services. The Triage Shift Lead will own resolving tactical issues, customer escalations, ensure accuracy of shift handovers, and see to it that the shift is operating at the desired throughput and execution excellence. The Shift Lead will be responsible for the day-to-day operational SLO metrics attainment, prioritization of shift work, and acting as the escalation point for all Security Analysts and Engineers. This team member is a technical individual with a desire to lead a highly cohesive team and can act as a stand-in for all levels of triage. The successful candidate is extremely well organized and has excellent communication skills. This team member is the first point of escalation for all shift team members and possesses the ability to effectively drive the assigned team to meet shift goals.
This team member will have clean and crisp handovers to incoming shifts, and all customer escalations are handled proactively, promptly, and with the required level of urgency. This candidate will ensure that processes are adhered to and will help evolve the day-to-day aspects of the nuances of shift handovers.
This role reports to the Manager or Senior Manager of Security Operations and will provide effective feedback and suggestions on ways to improve. The ability to influence all different shift team members is a skill that this candidate possesses.
As a Shift Lead, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day escalations, shift handovers, and execution of the shift teams for both inbound and outbound triage.
- Strive to get the best out of each team member on shift by setting goals, measuring execution of the goals, providing feedback, and removing obstacles.
- Act as the escalation point for all tactical aspects of the role including customer escalations and internal communications.
- Facilitate with other Triage Shift Leads, strong alignment, and cohesion across teams.
- Ensure all S2 service level SLO’s are monitored, execute resourcefully when staffing requirements demand.
- Provide leadership during security events. Ensure that team members can perform their role effectively and follow the proper process to full success within the team delivering high value to customers. Additionally, it may be required to generate a report of major security incidents as assigned.
- Develop, enhance, measure, and leverage metrics to make better informed decisions on how to improve the shift throughput, cohesion, and adherence to SLOs.
- Understand volume-driven leading indicators and jump in when needed for any role that requires support while on shift.
Some key skills and experiences that we are looking for:
- A degree in Cybersecurity and/or equivalent experience working and managing within a Security Operations Center or Network Operations Center.
- Desire to lead technically minded individual contributors.
- Passion for Cybersecurity. Continually learning new attack vectors, new threats, and security framework expertise.
- Knowledge of industry adopted frameworks and methodologies (MITRE ATT&CK, CIS, NIST, ISO, PCI-DSS, etc.)
- Proven ability to rapidly analyze complex technical security threats and incident information to be able to communicate business-impacting risk to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently, manage projects, and exercise judgement in reaching solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication required. Must be able to articulate written information to customers.
- Team player – always looking out for peers, leaders, and other stakeholders within Arctic Wolf.
About Arctic Wolf
At Arctic Wolf we’re cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow globally. We’ve been named one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world for 2022 (Fast Company)—and the 2nd Most Innovative Security Company. This is in addition to consecutive awards from Top Workplace USA (2021, 2022), Best Places to Work - USA (2021, 2022) and Great Place to Work - Canada (2021, 2022).
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and seeking to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
We celebrate unique perspectives by creating a platform for all voices to be heard through our Pack Unity program. We encourage all employees to join or create a new alliance. See more about our Pack Unity here.
We also believe and practice corporate responsibility, and have recently joined the Pledge 1% Movement, ensuring that we continue to give back to our community. We know that through our mission to End Cyber Risk we will continue to engage and give back to our communities.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
· Equity for all employees
· Bonus or commission pay based on role
· Flexible time off, paid volunteer days and paid parental leave
· 401k match
· Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
· Health Savings and Flexible Spending Agreement
· Voluntary Legal Insurance
· Training and career development programs
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information (in accordance with our employee handbook and corporate policies).
- Background checks are required for this position.
Come join the Pack during this exciting time of rapid growth where every employee makes a difference and their contributions are recognized and rewarded.