Director of Design
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
The BitGo Design Team is responsible for the user experience of using our software. We're committed to creating a tight-knit team environment that fosters trust, integrity, empathy, and growth. We work together in realizing a shared product vision, and regularly give feedback and critique to each other. Product design at BitGo is a varied experience. On a given day, we might be: leading a design sprint for your product team; designing a micro-interaction to make a complex analytical task feel simple; and/or advocating for UX consistency by creating flexible, reusable UI components.
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products
- Lead team of designers in creating high quality, delightful experiences for BitGo customers
- Manage, coach, and grow the careers of Product Designers on your team
- Provide hands-on design direction and lead your team to produce outstanding work
- Negotiate relationships with marketing, engineering, and product management counterparts to provide a friendly and collaborative environment for your team to do its best work
- Contribute to the improvement and operations of the design team, sometimes outside your main focus area
- Actively participate in design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
Skills & Experience
- Have 8+ years relevant design experience within a high-tech, product-driven company
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of high-performing designers
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- A focus not just on the quality of output but also the health and happiness of team members and the product design organization as a whole
- A proactive attitude of seeking out opportunities to fix and improve things wherever you go, even if they are not within your direct remit
- Ability to help translate business needs from other departments into actionable plans for your team
- Are passionate about BitGo's mission, are dedicated to a user-first mindset, and have experience working with data and insights
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending upon your leveling and location, the compensation for this role averages between $170,000 - $195,000 USD base salary. Equity, an annual performance bonus and the benefits outlined below are also a part of this role's package.
Something looks off?