Head of OTC Trading (Global)
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is currently looking to expand our team by hiring a Head of OTC Trading, a global position that is flexible in terms of geography. This role is a great opportunity for a seasoned digital asset trader to come on board and help bolster our institutional OTC trading expansion effort. The Head of OTC Trading role will be a senior-ranking member of the BitGo organization and will be responsible for leading and building our trading mandate, overseeing our risk and p&l, developing and managing trading relationships with hedge funds, asset managers venture capital funds, ultra-high net work individuals and many other buy-side clients. We expect the Head of OTC trading to both carry over some existing trading relationships but also be comfortable forging new relationships with clients who utilize BitGo for services like custody, settlement, staking etc to generate new organic flow to the desk. The Head of OTC Trading will work closely with the Head of Prime Brokerage, Head of Go Network, COO, General Counsel and other senior staff at BitGo. Additionally, the Head of OTC Trading will work closely with our APAC team to carry out all operations in support of the trading desk.
- Develop and build out core OTC trading mandate, timelines and objectives with senior mgmt
- Sits above risk and p&l of entire OTC trading desk and all books that develop underneath
- Owns overall execution, trading risk and position management
- Instrumental in driving evolution of operational fund flows, settlement processes, third-party relationships with vendors etc.
- Builds and owns client relationships and works with broader instl sales and trading team to drive incremental flow to BitGo OTC
- Works with Head of Go Network and Head of Prime to unlock business synergies and create comprehensive value for BitGo and its clients
- Works with legal/compliance on creating new business lines, adding new assets etc.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in digital asset trading (spot or derivatives)
- 5+ years of general trading experience (either traditional or crypto markets)
- Deep financial markets expertise and digital asset market structure knowledge
- Comfortable managing position and counterparty risk and operating in a fast-paced trading environment
- Excellent communicator with both clients and internal team members
- Leadership experience - managing a team or desk of other traders/operations personnel
- Enthusiasm for the digital asset industry and curiosity of new concepts such as new protocols and tokens, staking, NFTs, institutional market structure, credit etc.
- Agility and appetite for learning new products/technology in a fast-developing environment
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- *Benefits may vary based on location