Software Engineer III - PostTap
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2022
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, have a reputation for paving the future of mobile, and have a good time doing it.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll design and build the services, APIs, frameworks, UIs, and backend systems that sit at the very foundation of Button’s business. Our portfolio includes the programmatic interfaces that connect Button to many of the largest brands in e-commerce, and real-time routing of customers to the ideal shopping experience.
You will lead the design of new services and frameworks that advance our ambitious product goals. You’ll be a key contributor to shaping our Engineering and technical culture, driving design reviews, and providing guidance and direction to developing members of our team.
Our high-trust fast-moving environment affords the opportunity to develop expertise utilizing services at a meaningful scale in a cloud environment. We work with a broad range of technologies in a fast-paced environment where you'll ship changes to production dozens of times each day. Some of the technologies we use including Go, NodeJS, Docker, Prometheus, and AWS ECS.
Button has employees distributed throughout the United States, clustered in NYC, SF, and Austin. This is a remote position. #LI-Remote
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Develop scalable, low-latency web services using a variety of tools and languages, including Go, NodeJS, Docker, AWS ECS, SQS/SNS, and BigQuery
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop new features within our core platforms You will work with product managers to translate user and partner requirements into technical designs, and with other Engineers to bring those designs to life with an emphasis on scalability, latency, and accuracy
- Deliver the programmatic interfaces that drive deep integrations between Button and our largest partners
- Maintain a“mystery-free” production environment and keep the pagers quiet by implementing excellent monitoring, anticipating, and planning for the unexpected
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- A passion for building reliable and scalable backend services in a distributed environment and usable front-end systems for activating and understanding the underlying products, as well as an interest in exploring new technologies
- Comfort operating across the entire stack of a product, including but not limited to, standing up basic infrastructure, building and maintaining UIs, APIs, and backend systems, and designing and implementing database schemas that support our products
- A strong understanding of relational databases, and experience building stateful web services
- An excellent understanding of API design, and experience designing reliable APIs
- Experience and comfort in a production environment; you’ll be working in a“magic-free” service-oriented environment, using AWS ECS, Docker, and HTTP everywhere
MORE ABOUT US:
- Button was founded in 2014. We’ve raised $65M in funding. Most recently we announced our $30M Series C in June 2019, led by Icon Ventures. Our investors include Norwest, Redpoint, Greycroft, DCM, and Capital One Ventures. We’re approximately 20 engineers and 45 people overall.
- We believe and invest in personal growth, and we’ve got the results to back it up. We’ve been recognized multiple times by Fortune, Inc., and Crain’s magazines as one of the best places to work in the US.
- We value diversity and come from all sorts of different backgrounds. We were especially proud the first time we hired a coding boot camp graduate.
Button is proud to offer employees a remote-first workplace, allowing employees the opportunity to live and work anywhere in the United States of America. Button’s total compensation package includes a base salary competitive with what is offered by similar companies in major US markets. The salary range for this role is expected to be between $133,000 and $173,000 (offered salary is based on a number of factors including skills and experience relative to the job description listed above). In addition, Button provides employees with a 401(k) plan and automatically contributes 3% of an employee’s salary annually. We want our employees to be truly invested in their work– each Buttonian receives stock options upon joining the company. We also want our employees to be well-rested and live balanced lives–Buttonians enjoy unlimited time off (including birthdays off) and periodic Mental Health Weeks which allow the entire company to take a breath and recharge, as well as an employee assistance program. For many of the health, vision, and dental insurance plans offered by Button, the company covers 100% of the premiums for employees and 75% for dependents. Button offers all employees and their dependents complimentary memberships to One Medical as well as a monthly stipend for mobile phone/internet and an annual lifestyle stipend. Button also offers employees in select markets “All Access” memberships to WeWork as well as regular “coworking days” and social events. Most of all, Button offers our employees the opportunity to live our company values–Grow, Learn, and Adapt–and to be a part of an incredible team of humans working together to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
To read more about what personal information we collect on your behalf and for what purposes we use such information, click here.