Physician Lead (MD) - NC (Raleigh, Wake County)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The MD/DO Clinical Lead will provide clinical support and oversight to one or more assigned groups of NP/PA level providers.
- Support all critical clinical activities involving NP/PA staff: interdisciplinary team case conferences and coordinating the care of the high risk members with the clinical team leaders.
- Provide the clinical support & guidance for NP/PA providers in the management of complex chronic medical illness
- Prioritization of the clinical elements of the action plan during case conferences
- Supervision and management of urgent clinical needs as identified by NPs/PAs
- Leverage every teachable moment to educate about evidence based approaches to complex chronic condition management and engage in educational activities for the clinical staff.
- Support new providers to orient to model, systems, and processes in region
- Option of participation in day-to-day clinical needs involving NP/PA staff, schedules, and clinical and operational issues (in collaboration with OH leadership team)
- Support disease specific case reviews conducted by the complex care RN
- Participate in care pathways development
- Participate in relevant workgroups (TOC, Safety review, Care Team development, complex care team, etc) as necessary and elements of our value based contracting (targeting cost, utilization, and outcomes across our assigned membership)
Requirements for the Role:
- You are an MD or DO, Board Certified in Family Medicine, Pediatrics or Medicine-Pediatrics with an unrestricted license to practice in the state in which you are employed with Cityblock
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team
- 4-5 years working in a direct care environment
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care
- You demonstrate proficiency, prior experience, and/or willingness to train in clinical skills such as wound assessment and care, blood drawing (venipuncture & phlebotomy), assessment and care plan reinforcement for common chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, CHF, depression.
- You are passionate about improving care delivery
- You are comfortable managing patients with complex medical and psychosocial needs
- You have an unrestricted driver’s license and vehicle for daily use
- Have proficient experience using and navigating an EMR
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
#missiondrivenhealthcare #beseen #beheard #behealthy #compassionatecare #longitudinalcare #bringyourwholeself #breakingthecycle
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.