Senior Data Analyst, Data Acquisition and Implementation
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Senior Data Analyst, Data Acquisition and Implementation will be accountable for being the face of our data platform to payers and our implementation partners during the process of acquiring new data sets. You will work closely with our payer partners to evaluate test files, validate data elements, and work with our ingestion teams and vendors to promptly ingest data files.
You will work closely with our Product, Operations, and Clinical teams to identify opportunities for workflow improvements and technology changes.
- Create payer-specific data mappings to evaluate payer data dictionaries against our standard data needs. Where needed, escalate critical gaps and contribute to the long-term development of a standard reusable asset (business capability to data mapping).
- Create market-based assessments of Healthcare data availability to augment existing payer data when working with a new payer in a new or existing market. In time, support the expansion of this evaluation to look at new possible data partners in other domains.
- Creates supporting documents and communication materials. One of the most critical needs of the role is communicating data decision points and escalations (i.e., issues with data that will delay timelines without action). Works with the implementation program manager and Senior Director Implementation to create leadership materials and develop risk documentation as needed. A meaningful requirement of the role is communicating data gaps for non-technical audiences in a scalable and competency-based way.
- Evaluate data contract provisions to provide an assessment to the Senior Director of Implementation and Head of Data Product of data availability relative to contract needs and our standard care model. Support the development of reusable assets that map data availability to competencies.
- Supports payer-facing conversations, either in a direct role speaking with payer data counterparts or indirect role in preparing for regular meetings.
Requirements for the Role:
- Academic Degree or advanced professional qualification(s) in a Healthcare Data field. Proven record of academic achievement at the highest level with publishing is desirable
- Proficient with SQL
- 5+ years of expertise in healthcare data sets (e.g., Member, Provider, Claims, Clinical, SDoH)
- Prior experience in healthcare consulting from a top tier consulting is desirable
- Exceptional communication skills possess an uncanny ability to explain complex ideas simply to top executives.
- Exceptional analytical skills; an ability to apply conceptual models, recognize patterns and draw and defend conclusions with peer analysts and clients.
- Comfort working with external vendors and particularly payers to prioritize issues, drive resolution, and communicate the path forward to internal team members.
- Ability to learn, support, and optimize new tools quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and strong writing skills.
- A team player who is proactive, flexible, results-oriented, and comfortable in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and under the pressure of deadlines.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave, and any other tax-reportable benefits. The expected salary range for this position is $81,702 to $113,333. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Something looks off?