Manager, Assessments (RN)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
This role leads the comprehensive assessment efforts across the MA market. Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead team ensuring timely high quality completion of state-mandated assessments, supervising nurses administrative staff.
- Ensure health plan members receive timely accurate assessments to ensure appropriate rating categorization to support care needs.
- Ensure charts are properly prepared for ongoing clinical operations via ensuring Member Impressions and MAP are properly populated for recently assessed charts.
- Ensure timely, smooth handoff between MDS nurses and care team members.
- Oversee review and submission of comprehensive assessments for accuracy
- Ensure timely thorough review of assessments for clinical quality.
- Ensure timely submission of forms.
- Support the market’s internal chart audit strategy and provide coaching, mentorship and training to care team members as needed
- Support Cityblock in successfully implementing these care management and quality-related projects
- Design and implement performance improvement strategies related to quality and chart audits, including developing and facilitating of trainings for care teams
- Designate prioritization of assessments based on type and due date.
- Assist with completing Comprehensive HRA in the field or telephonically when lean in is required.
- Assist, Drive and Support weighted productivity targets for assessments completed per nurse per week.
- Identify members to schedule for reassessment based recent medical data
Requirements for the Role:
- Are an RN with an active MA. license
- Experience conducting Comprehensive health assessments, and a deep understanding of the processes of completing and submitting them, and how they inform medicaid rating categories and ensuring documentation meets NCQA requirements
- Experience supervising RNs
- Are detail-oriented and adopt a process-oriented mindset
- Experience with complex care management, including LTSS
- Have a proven track record for working well across diverse teams
- Thrive in fast-moving work environments as an independent contributor
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate well with both interdisciplinary care team members and operational team members
- You have the desire to contribute to a learning and evolving model of care, and a quickly growing staff
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Hiring Manager: George Jetson (For questions about referrals, please see the "Referral Reminder" in the #cityblock-jobs slack channel)
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Something looks off?