Research Associate, Behavioral Insights (Temp, PT)
About the Role:
This is a temporary, part-time position, expected 20-25 hours a week.
This is an opportunity to join the Behavioral Insights and Program Design function at Cityblock Health and inform the trajectory of how the company leverages behavioral science, design thinking, and experiments to fulfill its mission of radically improving care for underserved communities. At the direction of their manager, the Research Associate will:
- Coordinate and ensure logistical execution of concurrent mixed-methods research projects. You’ll collaborate with members of the Behavioral Insights and Program Design Team, including qualitative and quantitative researchers, behavioral designers, and data scientists as we plan and execute mixed methods research projects.
- Have the opportunity to lead various stages of the research process and smaller scale end-to-end studies of your own, from survey formulation, execution and analysis to qualitative interviews.
- Work with research leads to define recruitment needs then work with our internal data teams to collect lists of members for qualitative and quantitative research efforts.
- Frequently be the first point of contact with our members as you screen, schedule research sessions, and ensure they sign consent forms. You will be responsible for distributing incentives for their participation.
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative research data and document your findings in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Help establish documentation best practices and establish and maintain our research repositories.
Requirements for the Role:
- At least 1 year of relevant applied experience with a degree in Psychology, Social Science, or a related discipline.
- You have experience in both qualitative and quantitative research areas including drafting and analyzing surveys, conducting interviews, focus groups, drafting discussion guides, conducting literature reviews, and distilling qualitative and quantitative insights
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
- Strong customer service and active listening skills and has the ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $40 per hour. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.