Renal Dietitian - NY (across all market)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented Dietitian who will provide nutrition counseling to kidney care members and members with uncontrolled diabetes. A successful, member-centered dietitian will promote healthy eating habits to prevent and treat kidney disease and support management of comorbid conditions, such as diabetes and hypertension.
- Assess nutritional needs, dietary restrictions, and provider orders to develop and promote adherence to dietary care plans and provide nutritional counseling
- Consult with care team and providers and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and dietary restrictions of members and collaborate on strategies to promote adherence
- Provide counseling to members and their families/caregivers on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation
- Provide group counseling to members with diabetes and/or kidney disease to promote healthy eating habits and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life
- Assist members and their families/caregivers with finding renal-friendly and/or diabetes friendly food sources when challenged with affording healthy foods
- Educate members on food contents and reading food labels
Requirements for the Role:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in food and nutrition, dietetics, food service systems management, or diabetic education
- You are Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and hold an active license in the appropriate state
- You have 3-5 + years of experience working as a dietitian
- You have a strong ability to quickly build relationships and trust with our clinical team
- You’re a team player, and looking to get into a fast-moving startup environment
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying your own opportunities for success and iterating tightly on feedback
- You are a natural relationship-builder and possess the ability to engage and connect with others quickly
- You are fiercely organized, a self-starter, and know how to prioritize your day
- You are an exceptional communicator and have a strong customer service mindset
- You have experience working with vulnerable populations
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $72,000 - $82,800. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.