Associate, Hub Operations - OH (Columbus)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The Hub Operations Associate plays an important role in the day to day success of how Cityblock delivers care to members in the Hub. Reporting to our Hub Operations Manager, you will be a part of our hub-based interdisciplinary care team, ensuring our members have an exceptional and coordinated experience every time they visit Cityblock.
You will be the face of the Hub, welcoming members and coordinating administrative and operational responsibilities with the care team. You will assist in the maintenance and organization of the Hub to ensure a welcoming and professional environment, including supplies, member documentation, and hygiene/safety compliance. The Operations Associate will also communicate with health care organizations, insurance partners, and other partners to ensure our members have the care and assistance they need to thrive.
Weekly tasks could include:
- Check members in and out for appointments
- Schedule appointments using our scheduling platform
- Verify members eligibility before appointments and confirm appointments
- Coordinate home health, insurance, vendors, and other services for our members
- Coordinate with insurance, other providers, and other organizations to request and deliver appropriate medical services and records for members
- Process mail and ensure timely follow through with the appropriate team members
- Support team meetings with note-taking and follow-ups on all commitments
- Coordinate & communicate the hub team calendar
- Manage logistics (rooms, food, planning) for case conferences, development sessions, meetings and team outings
- Answering calls from our members, other individuals on the care team, non-Cityblock providers and community organizations
This is an in-person role that requires daily presence in the Columbus hub location.
Requirements for the Role:
- You are organized, resilient, and love to learn and improve every day
- You enjoy and are proficient using Excel and other technologies to help organize information
- You have a passion for serving others and in particular the needs of underserved communities
- You enjoy collaboration and teamwork
- You are comfortable communicating constantly and clearly with a diverse group of team members
- You are committed to delivering excellence in your professional interactions and communications
- You are a strong problem solver and critical thinker
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.