Senior UX Engineer
About the Role:
As a UX Engineer, you'll work on the front end of our products in a challenging, fast-paced environment, helping to bridge UX best practices and production execution. You'll demonstrate your creativity, analytical skills, and knowledge of user-facing technologies to enable efficient, high-quality execution and communications and launch features and products for our care teams, clinicians, and members. User experience is key to delivering services to our members and building their trust. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities.
We're investing deeply in laying the foundations of our care systems by creating a robust design system that we think would define what healthcare design would look like.
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers, and full-stack engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions for product development challenges
- As a UX engineer, lead the initiative to expand and refine our design system
- Build scalable solutions that streamline product development, ensuring efficiency and alignment with design principles
- Deliver innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies
- Manage your own time effectively, excelling in both independent and team environments
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from UX designers and researchers
- Conduct user research to gain a deep understanding of our users' motivations, goals, pain points, and day-to-day realities
- Form a bridge between design and engineering teams leading discussions, and enabling efficient, high quality execution
- Assist engineers with final development stages
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of UX Engineering and/or product design experience
- Experience with React
- Experience in designing and implementing user interfaces (UIs)
- Experience in development or prototyping
- Experience creating and managing design systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sharp eye for detail, exceptional foundational design skills, and highly developed organizational skills
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.