Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - IN (Fort Wayne)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
- You will work in a radically different model of healthcare
- Expect collaboration, shared-decision making, and partnership across clinical and non-clinical care team members, including our large team of Community Health Partners
- As a full-time employee, you should aim to spend approximately 30 hours of your time on Direct Patient Care (visits) in order to comply with weekly appointment goals. This should be adjusted based on member need.
- Follow a panel of members to improve their health holistically through behavioral health assessments, diagnosis, treatment recommendations, treatment planning, clinical treatment, medication management, and follow up planning
- Provide comprehensive care management, chronic disease management, urgent home-based and community-based primary care visits, preventative care and wellness, liaison with relevant other providers around behavioral health and long term service and support needs, and the provision of palliative care
- Perform episodic urgent behavioral health visits and/or telephone calls for members on your panel to ensure that timely and appropriate medical care in order to avoid emergency department visit or hospitalization
- At times conduct home visits, including scheduled and unscheduled urgent member needs
Requirements for the Role:
- You are a Board-Certified (or Board-Eligible within one year of employment) Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with an unrestricted license to practice in the state in which you are seeking employment with Cityblock
- Active DEA Controlled Substance Registration or eligible for application
- A valid ANCC Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification
- Maintenance of professional credentialing and CME standards
- You have experience providing direct mental health treatment and/or substance use treatment
- You have experience providing clinical services to individuals with both chronic medical and behavioral health conditions, and have interest in serving complex, vulnerable, and disabled populations
- Proven skills, knowledge base, and judgment necessary for independent clinical decision-making
- You are an adaptable, organized, efficient, independent self-starter and problem-solver, a leader, a strategic thinker, and a mentor, who is excited about the big picture of whole community health
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new and better care
- Maintenance of professional credentialing and CME standards
- Work a full-time 40 hour week, Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm ET with one late evening a week, consisting of team meetings, case conference, supervision, and field-based independent clinical and co-visits
- Care at times will be virtual, and at times will be in-person in a physical clinical hub.
- You will also participate in a regular Saturday Rotation and the Cityblock on-call schedule. Your work may take you outside of normal business hours as urgent member needs arise
- Have proficient experience using and navigating an EMR
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.