Outreach Specialist, Telephonic - MA (Remote)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
As a Telephonic Outreach Specialist, you are responsible for virtually connecting with members who are eligible for Cityblock services, and engaging with them around their needs. This initial series of conversations with members begin the intake process, and are the stepping-off point from which a member is connected to a Community Health Partner to develop a long-term relationship. Until this connection is fully made, you are the member’s point person, available and accessible to assist with whatever may be needed, to troubleshoot, to educate, and to be a listening ear. You work alongside, and are supported by, each member’s care team.
This role is expected to be member-facing. It is expected to be remote work, although employees must be based in an existing Cityblock market area.
- Providing telephonic/virtual outreach and engagement services for each eligible member.
- Leveraging available data from Commons to learn more about potential members and inform your outreach processes.
- Reviewing pre-populated demographic information and documenting accurate information and emergency contacts within Commons.
- Collecting verbal and written consent for eligible members.
- Initiating the intake process and handoff to the care team.
- Engaging and fostering trust quickly with members, acting as the face of Cityblock and the key point-of-contact to assist members prior to full enrollment.
- Communicating urgent needs and other pertinent information to care teams.
- Going above and beyond to connect with patients and their partners in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
- Working daily within Commons to collect data, organize information, track tasks, monitor performance, and communicate with care team, members, and family members.
- Providing feedback to the product development team, and, over time, becoming part of a super-user group to assist in onboarding and supporting others
Requirements for the Role:
- 1 year experience required
- Driver’s License Required
- Knowledge of operations, understanding of change management, ability to adapt
- Demonstrated ability to conduct secondary research
- Proficiency in tech platforms, Google, EHR systems
- Can foster trust quickly over the phone
- Demonstrated strong Engagement Skills
- Comfortable providing telephonic, written, and digital outreach
- Strong customer service mindset and a passion for Cityblock's mission and members
- Demonstrated awareness to find out more about members and provide a better service.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and articulately both in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated use of appropriate language, style and methods depending on the audience and the purpose of communication.
- Able to convey complex information clearly.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $41,100 to $53,700. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.