Manager, Hub Operations - MA (across all market)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The Operations Manager will play an integral role in operationalizing Cityblock’s care model in the practice setting. The Operations Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of our clinical team, establishing an environment in which our care model can flourish. The Operations Manager will work with the clinical team to implement the initial care model workflows, implement a structure for ongoing measurement and improvement of clinical operations, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures. The Operations Manager will cultivate an environment reflecting the values of Cityblock Health, including respect for our members and team members.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the clinical staff
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures across all aspects of operations, including proper documentation and billing practices
- Address operational issues as they arise, and collaborate with the Director of Clinical Operations and the Medical Director to problem solve as needed
- Directly manage and mentor assigned team members, fostering an environment of open communication
- Assure optimized use of technology and applications, including the EHR, Commons, and other tools used to support clinical operations
- Maintain staff schedule, including after-hours on-call rotations
- Comply with environmental requirements, including equipment maintenance
- Oversee procurement and accounts payable processes for clinical and office supplies
- Provide coverage for the Operations Associate as needed to maintain steady operations
- Monitor real-time member experience feedback using an automated dashboard, and address issues
Requirements for the Role:
- You have a bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience of management within an ambulatory clinical practice setting
- You are comfortable using a variety of computer systems, including practice management and electronic health record systems such as Athena, Epic, etc.
- You are adept at identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities
- You are familiar with regulatory requirements pertaining to medical practices, including documentation and billing, quality reporting (HEDIS, QARR), and environmental requirements to ensure safety for members and staff
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with all members of the care team, and with members of the public
- You have managed staff in a clinical practice setting and work well with clinical teams including physicians and Advanced Practice Clinicians
- You have experience with deep, hands-on process improvement
- You are compassionate, open-minded, and non-judgmental
- You have the ability to think quickly and solve problems in the moment
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.