Senior Associate, Quality Improvement
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Drives the development of QI Culture and learning system capacity at Cityblock while directly supporting market teams in meeting clinical quality improvement goals set by Payor Contracts and Organizational Priorities. Uses systems-thinking and quality improvement frameworks to support market leadership in building the will and local skills for care teams to improve healthcare quality outcomes. Promotes organizational learning through the spread and scale of successful improvements across markets.
- Works directly with market and organizational leadership to co-develop an annual strategy for clinical quality performance improvement with the objective of meeting all contract and organizational targets in a sustainable fashion. Provides ongoing communication to leadership regarding performance, progress, and barriers towards meeting the market and organization’s clinical quality goals.
- Builds culture and learning systems within and across markets as a means to drive to population-based quality improvement. This includes building the will and skill for QI, specifically systems and team-based approaches to problem analysis, workflow redesign to data-driven decision making.
- Provides coaching and technical guidance for QI Initiatives: PDSA development, root cause analyses, project design; measure selection. Analyzes and evaluates data and work flows to support improvement teams in identifying, prioritizing, and addressing performance improvement opportunities.
- Provides proactive project management and group facilitation of specific quality improvement initiatives. This includes supporting the development of improvement teams and advising on team composition, scheduling meetings, developing agendas and meeting materials, facilitating discussions, summarizing decisions and next steps, aid in tracking action items and deliverables, implementation planning, and communication of progress to stakeholders.
- Partners with the data and technology teams to provide actionable patient-centered reports for markets to use in population health efforts.
- Records improved system workflows and their associated quality measures, and works with QI team to document for dissemination
- Provides useful improvement information to build trust with and support strong relationships with our contracted payor partners. May be responsible for directly supporting a market’s relationship, meetings, and deliverables with a payor partner.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelors; advanced degree in healthcare related field a plus
- 2 years experience in healthcare quality improvement coaching in care delivery setting
- Certification in healthcare quality improvement, LEAN, or another quality improvement methodology a plus
- Facility with data and health quality measures, both analysis and metric definitions
- Solves problems using as systems-focused lens and sound improvement methodology
- Actively creates a learning environment for improvement teams
- Prior experience with Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization tools
- Working knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems
- Facility with G-suite/Microsoft, especially spreadsheets/pivot tables
- High-energy, positive team player;proven ability to influence without authority and build strong working relationships
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written, graphical.
- Able to gather and interpret complex data and present it in clear, meaningful, user-friendly formats that highlights actionable information
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $98,500 to $107,800. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.