Licensed Practical Nurse
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
In this role, you will be a part of a cohort of staff providing direct services to members, who face economic and social challenges in addition to having mental and physical health needs, through our innovative care model. You will be working within our clinical “hub,” a primary care practice that in many respects will look more like a community center than a doctor’s office.
As an LPN in our Hub, you will work with the team by utilizing your nursing skills and as a clinical support for our Medical Assistants. In addition, you will manage a panel of members to improve their health holistically. You will work alongside, and will be supported by, a care team associated with each member, whose work is focused around a Member Action Plan (MAP). You will engage members in the hub, facilitating their on-site care and being a bridge between on-site care and field-based care.
- Administer vaccines to pediatric and adult members.
- Completes monthly reporting of vaccine accountability, ordering, and reconciling.
- Maintains an inventory of the various drugs and supplies required for use; responsible for ordering and tracking all vaccines.
- Provides quality assurance of immunization dispensing and vaccine usage. Reports to Clinic Manager any concerns.
- Maintains an awareness of current immunizations, to include proper sites and dosages, assuring that she/he remains current with best practices and studies.
- Communicates with staff regarding immunization changes and new products and procedures as needed.
- Develops new forms and improves existing materials for immunizations as needed.
- Assists in planning off site clinics (Flu, Back to School, TB, and etc.) with clinic manager approval.
- Assists with community presentations and health fairs, as needed.
- Gathers samples/specimens for lab testing, and assuring that proper protocols are followed.
- Oversees lab management.
- Administers medications, completes documentation with accuracy and timeliness.
- Monitors standing orders and vaccine information and reports to clinic manager any changes.
- Develops a member education plan per individual member as needed. Conducts and provides education.
- Monitors, collects samples, cultures and other specimens for distribution to the lab in compliance with proper protocol with accuracy and timeliness. Completes documentation and maintains confidentiality.
- Advises members of lab results and other follow-up as needed, with accuracy and timeliness.
- Manages and addresses follow-up member needs, assuring compliance.
- Provides education to members regarding screening results, in accordance with current guidelines
Requirements for the Role:
- Active, unrestricted Licensed Practical Nurse license in the state in which you are seeking employment with Cityblock
- 3+ years of experience providing clinical services to Adult and Pediatric individuals with co-occurring chronic medical and behavioral health conditions
- Experience working for a clinic, community based organization & inpatient unit.
- Experience and comfort working within an interdisciplinary care team, and specifically working alongside care teams, medical assistants, providers and operational managers.
- Excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new and better care
- Independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about value-based care and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.