Sr Director, Strategic People Business Partners
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Director of Strategic Business Partners will serve as a key business partner and trusted advisor to our senior leaders and our Strategic People Business Partners. You’ll bring your functional expertise in HR, people, and operations to support the build out of an engaging workplace and culture that will allow Cityfolx to thrive. You’ll scale our collaborative, inclusive culture that will naturally attract a diverse group of people.
You will manage a team of 5-8 Strategic People Business Partners who work with the executive team, leaders, and employees to provide People guidance and direction to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. In addition:
- Partner with People functional teams to execute on Cityblock strategy and enable core People programs and initiatives such as employee retention, talent assessment, succession planning, compensation, and management development.
- Building tools and systems that provide business leaders with real time analyses of their organization health by analyzing trends in performance, employee satisfaction, attrition and turnover.
- Analyze trends and metrics shared by the Business Partner team to provide guidance and insights on how to improve leadership coaching and development.
- Provide advice and counsel to People functional leads, managers and employees on performance related issues, including succession planning, employee development, compensation and benefits and performance improvement
- Leverage the team to support change efforts surrounding org design, org change and other organizational shifts.
- Partner with the Compensation team to help with compensation planning, including approving offers, managing performance increases, and scaling our compensation model.
- Partner with People Operations to scale policy development, program delivery, and workforce design and planning.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years of experience
- Workday, Strong knowledge of HRIS, Employee Relations Ticketing Systems
- Makes data driven decisions to positively impact employee experience while supporting organizational objectives
- Deep knowledge of turnover data and how to accumulate and measure key data points and translate them into action plans
- Google Suites, Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel and Powerpoint
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $156,300 to $199,200. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.