Senior Manager, Market Strategic Finance
About the Role:
We are seeking an innovative, execution-focused Senior Manager, Market Strategic Finance to join and manage initiatives that will drive the financial success and sustainability of our markets. In this role, you will serve as the primary finance partner to the operational and clinical leadership in select markets to set business and financial plans, track performance against plan, and surface actionable insights to drive prioritization of initiatives and investment of resources.
- Own the development of budgets and forecasts for select markets, in collaboration with actuary, growth, and market leadership
- Lead the development, tracking, and reporting of operational and financial metrics
- Provide market leadership with consistent, balanced summaries of findings to support budget trade-offs and investment decisions
- Identify and solution against ongoing business risks, opportunities, strengths, and weaknesses in the market
- Innovate the tools we use to surface and distill financial information to our market teams
- Lead communication of data and analysis to cross-functional, senior, and executive-level audiences
- Manage cross-functional projects to drive resolution on complex organizational projects and ensure decisions are made that mutually achieve operational, strategic, and financial goals
- Oversee complete budget/reforecast cycles for the finance team, demonstrating ability to set clear and tangible goals, review the work completed by the team, ensure achievement of the goals, and proactively navigate potential business risks
Requirements for the Role:
- 7+ years in a business role with heavy finance exposure (such as consulting, banking, VC/PE, FP&A or strategic finance at a company)
- Experience or interest in building the finance infrastructure and strategy of a fast-growing, complex company with an innovative business model
- Experience working with operators and translating financial strategy into operational strategy
- Ability to roll up your sleeves, including by building financial models and slide presentations
- Demonstrated ability to be methodical, thorough, and meticulous
- Exposure to, or are interested in learning about, value-based care models and the national payer and risk-bearing provider landscape, as well as digital health trends and new entrants
- Experience communicating financial information to senior and executive-level audiences, with the ability adjust your communication style based on the seniority and interests of the audience
- Experience leading teams, including direct people management, reviewing work completed by the team, and coaching the team on how to solve problems with innovative ideas
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $115,500 to $163,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.