Principal Program Manager, People Programs and Analytics
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are looking for a strategic builder with super-powers in program strategy, business analytics, mechanisms, and organizational effectiveness to join our People team as the Senior Program Manager of People Programs and Analytics.This role partners with senior leadership on or independently owns topline and central priority program work, such as org effectiveness or performance management. This role is also responsible for driving business analytics and insights as well as leading overall team strategy and operational mechanisms aligned to People Team priorities.This role requires a self-starter that is a strong, innovative thinker with a proven record of creating and implementing strategic plans focused on short-term wins and long-term gains by leveraging data. This role must influence without authority, prioritize quickly and effectively, and execute flawlessly by insisting on the highest standards.You will foster a culture of continuous improvement, providing thought leadership and influencing change at all levels in the organization.You will interact with stakeholders at all levels throughout the org to gather requirements, feedback, and user stories, define objectives, and deliver results.You will be responsible for implementing and iterating standard processes.You're a great program leader and you thrive working in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced environment in which solving challenging problems is the norm.You excel at solving problems, thinking a few steps ahead, developing processes and improving them across multiple stakeholder groups.You're detail oriented, and you think outside of the box and challenge the status quo.You're willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
- Responsible for providing specific project oversight, day-to-day management, leadership, direction, and administration across team formation, planning, iterative building and implementation on medium to large size/complexity projects.
- Will work with People leadership team, operations, clinical, learning and development, and technical teams to ensure that all managed projects fully comply with Cityblock standards, approved business requirements, and time/cost commitments while maintaining highest levels of business and user satisfaction.
- Reports to Vice President People Strategy & Operations to keep an up-to-date view of the integrated initiative roadmap for the People team.
Requirements for the Role:
- 10+ years project management and/or consulting experience concurrently managing multiple large projects in a cross-functional environment, leading team members through large complex program implementations and integrations with delivery deadlines
- PMP Preferred
- Strong strategic mindset and ability to tie together similar workstreams from multiple projects into one concise executable project plan.
- Experience with Workday reporting and curating Workday dashboards.
- Ability to proactively identify and escalate critical issues that will delay progress, compromise quality, or limit the team’s ability to achieve our goals
- Ability to drive clarity from ambiguity using templated project management frameworks
- Critical thinker with the ability to proactively surface and mitigate risks; a team player who is fully integrated into the project plan
- Ability to utilize effective communication or negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the client, project team, or senior management
- Proven history of driving teams to meet deadlines, utilizing sound project management methodology (processes, best practices, tools, and templates) in a high growth environment.
- Strong analytical skills and leverages data-driven approach to decision making.
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence + ability to navigate large, matrixed organizations.
- Self starter; Ability to operate independently with minimal direction
- Deep commitment to care for vulnerable populations including dedication to improving health outcomes that matter to patients, patient and clinician experience, and health equity.
- Experience with or willingness to learn GSuite
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $135k -$160k The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.