Associate, Care Team Operations - Indiana
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The CTOA drives administrative support functions across the market, such as scheduling and care coordination. The CTOA serves as a Cityblock representative to our members, external healthcare organizations, payer partners, and other partners to ensure that our members have the care and assistance they need to thrive.
- Schedule and manage appointments per protocol or at the direction of the care team
- Outreach to priority lists of members to schedule clinical appointments
- Track scheduling tasks and ensure execution by due date
- Meet minimum required appointments scheduled daily
- Follow all proper scheduling policies and procedures
- Reschedule members who cancel, no show, or request to reschedule appointments
- Send appointment reminders and confirmation
- Manage related correspondence (e.g., document calls and texts)
Case Review and Care Coordination
- Assist members with coordination of transportation, home health, vendors (e.g., durable medical equipment), and other services as needed
- Support the release of medical records per protocol
- Basic knowledge of members with complex health needs - social, behavioral and physical
Operations and Follow-Up
- Partner with the care team to complete visit-related tasks
- Request and obtain medical records from health plans and external providers and organizations per protocol
- Obtain completed member forms (e.g., medical power of attorney and medical orders for life-sustaining treatment)
- Conduct eligibility checks
- Use member benefits platforms to organize insurance services
- Partner with care team members to perform eligibility checks when tasked
- Ensure appropriate eligibility status for all scheduled appointments
- Follow disenrollment procedures for members who are ineligible for services as needed and outlined by market specific procedures
- Communication tasks
- Manage faxing tasks, including assignment of received faxes
- Coordinate outgoing member communications, including standard mailings, news and member resources
- Other printing/mailing/faxing as needed
- Utilize our care facilitation and scheduling platforms to collect data, document member interactions, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with your team, members, and community resources
- Generate and communicate standard reporting as needed
- Analyze reports and help care team plan and learn from data
- Support operations leadership with developing and maintaining tracking sheets for various workflows
- Complete tasks such as daily checks, answering phones, room cleaning, restocking, and supply inventory as needed
- Fulfill other duties to support member care and operations as assigned
Requirements for the Role:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of administrative experience in an office setting
- Comfortable using technology to support members without in-person contact (telephone and text etiquette, virtual visit platforms, etc.)
- Understanding of how to use scheduling platforms to ensure accurate appointment scheduling and management
- Understanding of how to use care facilitation platforms to ensure accurate documentation
- Proficient in collecting member clinical and demographic data and documenting appropriately in a timely manner
- Able to provide creative solutions to challenges within the healthcare system that are impeding optimization of members’ care and health
- Growth and learning mentality, ability to think outside the box, go outside the bounds of “traditional” responsibilities
- Standard clinic administrative functions, such as scheduling and appointment management, eligibility checks,, scheduling transportation, grievance tracking, release of medical records and forms
- Adaptable to change and prepared for frequent, fast-paced changes and shifting priorities
- Self-starter who completes tasks in a timely manner and prioritizes effectively
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.