Manager, Population Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Population Health Manager will support implementation, improvement and evaluation efforts to further Cityblock Health’s Population Health & Integrated Care Team, with a focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health, Pregnancy, and Primary Care Network Program development. You will embody principles of reproductive justice, health equity, and equity-centered design to address the problem of worsening, inequitable access to gender affirming care, reproductive and perinatal wellbeing, and high quality primary care for structurally marginalized Cityblock members across our markets. You will report to Cityblock’s Head of Women’s Health, with matrixed reporting to our VP of Integrated Care and Head of Primary Care.
The Population Health Manager will:
- Lead project management to ensure meaningful progress on our SRH, pregnancy, and primary care network roadmaps, proactively escalating issues that put our program goals at risk.
- Drive focused quality improvement initiatives and rapid improvement cycles focused on the programs above, testing, iterating on, and documenting new processes and workflows to optimize impact in existing markets with an equity and member-centered lens, in partnership with cross-functional teams (Quality, Behavioral Insights, Clinical Innovation, Medical Economics).
- Use an implementation science framework to support execution of population health evaluation deliverables.
- Develop internal and external partner communications tools (trainings, decks, white papers, videos, etc.) to shape strategic partnerships with collaboration and support from Cityblock’s Population Health, Learning and Growth, Behavioral Insights, Growth, and Comms/Marketing teams.
- Co-develop performance dashboards to support clinical objectives; ensure leadership and staff have access to the right data to drive early performance in new care models and programs.
- Support respectful, empathetic, and meaningful collaboration with internal and external partners.
If you like solving hard problems, have experience serving on teams to deliver high impact projects and initiatives, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in health and healthcare, and are a collaborative teammate who wants to come in early on an exciting new care model with opportunity for growth, we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelors required
- 5+ years professional experience, 2+ years of experience in care strategy and related implementation science or quality improvement, with relevant certification
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and value-based payment, MPH preferred (population health/data evaluation degree with analytic/data/ statistical skills)
- Strong project management skills; proficient in Excel and/or Google Sheets, Google Suite
- Proven track record for working well across care and community-based teams with a racial/reproductive justice lens
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Financial analysis + forecasting optional
- Experience leveraging claims or operational data to coach teams, inform executive decision-making
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $86,000 to $116,700 The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.