Senior Software Engineer, Java - Remote
We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
About the Team
Our integrations team is a high-visibility team integral to the growth of our company and the success of our clients. Our team is looking for people who are comfortable learning and working with different technologies, who excel at creative problem solving, communicate well, and can handle a high-paced environment while focusing on integrating with other systems. This team provides an outstanding opportunity to reimagine, redesign, and apply technology to add value to the business and operations. You will work with a global team of remote-first developers to design and implement the responsive and scalable cloud-based services that power our beloved technology.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a significant impact. This team works across multiple platforms and collaborates across the company to get the technical solutions implemented. You will help lead integration sessions with the customers and partners to derive the entities, attributes, and relationships required to implement and scale. Some of our integrations process tens of millions of events per second!
What will you do?
- Help us to develop OSS connecting ClickHouse to anything from a simple script to complex data ingestion, transformation, and visualization tools.
- Deliver frameworks and platforms that are secure, efficient, mature, and highly available that abstract away infrastructure complexity
- Create solutions that enable users to take full advantage of ClickHouse's excellent performance and throughput
- Create with purpose. Have a reason and rationale for your decisions throughout the creative process to empower you and the rest of the team to present our ideas and sell our solutions to various peers and stakeholders.
- Partner with multi-disciplinary teams to define business strategies, user needs, and optimal solutions
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development within the JVM ecosystem.
- Proficiency in building data-intensive software solutions.
- Proven expertise in JVM optimizations. A deep understanding of GC types and low-level libraries.
- You are proficient in algorithms and data structures
- You are a strong problem solver and have experience troubleshooting various JVM-based frameworks.
- Experience leading and shipping large-scope technical projects in collaboration with multiple experienced engineers
- You are a full-cycle developer with strong ownership and experience building and operating high-scale, distributed systems across the full software life cycle.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a distributed team and across engineering teams.
- You are enthusiastic about developing OSS software together with the community. You play as a representative of the OSS community, influencing the Core product's development.
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!