Senior Core QA Engineer- Remote
We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
The Core Engineering team plays a pivotal role in advancing the renowned ClickHouse Open Source project, collaborating with various teams as we shape our Cloud service offering. We are currently seeking an exceptional Senior Software Quality Engineer to join our core team, with a focus on enhancing the efficiency and quality of both our open source and cloud-based solutions.
What will you do?
- You will develop features for the ClickHouse core database in C++. The team works on many different topics such as performance and optimizations, RBAC, Backups, Caching and many others.
- As ClickHouse Cloud is being built, there also are many tasks on which you closely collaborate with our Cloud team.
- You will also improve the robustness of ClickHouse technology by contributing to tests coverage and QA infrastructure.
- You serve as a resource for the support team, helping to debug the most advanced issues encountered by customers.
- Last but definitely not least, you will work with our open-source community. This will include resolving issues, reviewing and finishing PRs, answering questions from mail, chats, google groups, etc
- You bring along solid professional software development experience in C/C++.
- Experience with Unix Systems.
- Experience in one or more of the following: architecting/developing large-scale distributed systems, concurrency, multithreading, and synchronization.
- You communicate well with others and have the ability to work well within and across engineering teams.
- You are ready to work closely with our open-source community. You participate in code reviews with patience and attention to detail fostering a culture of collaboration and mutual respect.
- You are a strong problem solver and have solid production debugging skills.
- You are passionate about efficiency, availability, scalability and data governance.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, and see yourself as a partner with the business with the shared goal of moving the business forward.
- You have a high level of responsibility, ownership, and accountability
Bonus points for:
- Experience with database internals and design.
- Experience in security, privacy, and compliance.
- Experience with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Experience developing cloud infrastructure services, preferably with Kubernetes.
- Experience giving public talks at technical conferences and meetups.
- Previous contributions to open source projects.
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!