Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Remote
We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
About the Team
The Control Plane Engineering team is responsible for building the ClickHouse Cloud Console that will transform the OLAP space. Our team is looking for exceptional software engineers who can work on a variety of technologies including frontend and backend while integrating with other systems.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact. The team focuses on great user experience, (reliability, scalability, privacy, security, observability) while helping our customers make data-driven decisions. Your work will combine the best of design and engineering and will help make UX a priority in everything we build.
What will you do?
- Build the ClickHouse cloud platform - Design and build delightful user and business customer-facing product features
- Create with purpose. Have a reason and rationale for the decisions you make throughout the creative process to empower you and the rest of the team to present our ideas and sell our solutions to various peers and stakeholders
- Deliver frameworks and platforms that are secure, efficient, mature, and highly available that abstract away infrastructure complexity
- Partner with multi-disciplinary teams to define business strategies, user needs, and optimal solutions
- Integrate with a variety of systems (Support, Billing, Logging, Monitoring, Marketing)
- You have 5+ years of relevant software development industry experience building front end systems running on the cloud
- Technologies: React, Typescript, Serverless, Node.JS (Proficiency in multiple languages encouraged)
- Experience leading and shipping large scope technical projects in collaboration with multiple experienced engineers
- You are a full-cycle developer: strong ownership and experience building and operating high-scale, distributed systems across the full software life cycle
- Expertise with a public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure) and their infrastructure as a service offering
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and across engineering teams
- You are a strong problem-solver and have solid production debugging skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and see yourself as a partner with the business with the shared goal of moving the business forward
- You have a high level of responsibility, ownership, and accountability
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!