Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Engineer
We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
The Governance, Risk and Compliance team is responsible for understanding compliance frameworks relevant to a database-as-a-service for customers in a wide variety of industries, interpreting the frameworks to recommend the best path to implementation, and working across the business to implement and maintain processes and systems supporting GRC programs. The team has a full remit as shown in the responsibilities below. You will have the rare opportunity to be in a hands-on role where you can put your expertise to good use, with plenty of room to expand your knowledge and grow your skills.
- Work across the company to define and deliver compliance programs, including SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, FedRAMP, etc.
- Work with engineering to validate compliance-relevant changes, including performing product testing and help draft documentation
- Perform compliance monitoring tasks, including employee security onboarding, performing vendor reviews, responding to customer surveys, and performing quarterly access reviews, ASV scans, and risk assessment refresh
- Coordinate with Operations to support access governance through Okta and Lumos onboarding and configuration
- Coordinate with Marketing and Privacy Legal to support the company’s privacy tooling
- Coordinate with Security to maintain corporate security tooling and processes
- 7+ years of experience in IT audit, GRC, and/or information security
- One or more of the following certifications CISA, PCIP, CIPP, or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of security compliance frameworks, including interpretation and implementation
- Hands on experience using and managing GRC and security tools
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities; as shown through outsized accomplishments for the role held
- Understanding of compliance levers in cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt techniques supporting a startup environment
- Flexibility to pick up additional tasks where needed
- Deep understanding of database technologies is a plus
- Hands on experience coding (scripting, software development) is a plus
Must be a US Citizen (due to working with US government customers) and reside full-time in the United States.
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!