Senior Technical Curriculum Developer & Instructor
We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
The Learning Team at ClickHouse is growing fast as more and more users discover the power of ClickHouse and need to understand how to use it effectively. As a member of a small team, you will have a noticeable impact as you own and collaborate on many different projects involving the development and delivery of training content. We deliver training in many different formats, including: on-demand at ClickHouse Academy, live training delivered online via Zoom, in-person to customers, and training at community events and conferences. We are also in the process of building a new certification program to complement our training courses and recognize those individuals who are ClickHouse subject matter experts.
What you will be doing:
- Developing ClickHouse training courses for both on-demand and instructor-led delivery, including slides, videos, and hands-on labs
- Designing new training courses for various personas and users of ClickHouse, including working with the Engineering and Product team to determine the necessary course content
- Working with other Curriculum Developers to produce high quality on-demand training content for the ClickHouse Academy
- Teaching ClickHouse courses both virtually and in-person for public and private deliveries
- Helping write and deploy certification exams for the upcoming ClickHouse Certification program
- Establishing a community presence using popular social media outlets as well as delivering training and talks at conferences
- Traveling to Meetups, conferences, and customer sites to deliver training and promote ClickHouse to the community
What you bring along:
- A self-motivated attitude that provides you with the desire and determination to complete projects in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and effectively
- Proven experience developing curriculum for a highly technical audience like software engineers and database developers
- Proven experience and ability to teach to audiences of all different sizes and backgrounds
- Experience with SQL
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Technical breadth and depth in relevant subjects such as DBMS, OLAP, Cloud/SaaS platforms, distributed systems software engineering, and big data
- You have a high level of responsibility, ownership, and accountability
- 5+ years of experience with curriculum development for databases and/or distributed systems
- Experience with ClickHouse in production
- Experience with one or more Cloud Service Providers such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience building software certification exams
- Ability to work cross-functionally amongst engineering, support, product and development teams
- Technical degree (e.g. Computer Science or a related field)
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!