Data Engineer (Remote)
We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
As a Data Engineer on ClickHouse's Data Warehouse team, you will be responsible for building our internal ClickHouse Cloud product analytics landscape and pipelines. You will enable our product and Go To Market teams to make data-driven product decisions by providing them with world-class data tools and interfaces.
In our analytical landscape we use the following stack:
- Data ingestion tools
- Cloud object storages
What you will be doing:
- Together with the data analytics team, build complex data models that provide insights to business and engineering teams
- Build data capturing pipelines that get data from various data sources (databases, APIs, streaming platforms) to the DWH
- Own and evolve analytical infrastructure (horizontal scaling, solving performance issues, etc)
- Designing and developing scalable and reliable logical data models for efficient data transformation and aggregation using DBT
What you bring along:
- Love for data and a continuous drive to learn and grow
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with ELT/ETL tools
- Python experience
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
What will be an advantage:
- Experience with DBT
- ClickHouse experience
- Experience with cloud services and databases
- Docker and Airflow
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!