Account Executive - Australia
We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
ClickHouse is focused on growing a vibrant user community and becoming a Cloud-first company. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to come on as an Account Executive to help build out our Australian user and customer community. This is an exciting opportunity to help account manage a high volume and growing segment of users and customers for ClickHouse Cloud as well as open source ClickHouse.
What you will be doing:
- Identify and nurture opportunities, build and foster pipeline, close short term Cloud monthly contracts as well as annual committed spend arrangements.
- Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products.
- Use a solution-based approach to selling and creating value for customers.
- Promote the innovation happening around ClickHouse that is powering ClickHouse Cloud.
- Track customer details including use cases details, decision criteria, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce.
- Accurately forecast business on a monthly cadence.
- Contribute to the user and developer community in the region by engaging in affinity meetups but also driving ClickHouse specific meetups in key metro cities.
What you bring along:
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, and executive staff around sales opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Align the ClickHouse’s Cloud solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements.
- 4+ years of experience at a minimum with Open Source software business models is preferred and proficiency in Cloud and Infrastructure software is a minimum requirement.
- Passion for building long lasting customer relationships and working cross-functionally within a diverse team to deliver outstanding results.
- Strong business acumen and technology focus with outstanding communication both written and oral, negotiation and presentation skills.
Bonus Points for:
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments.
- Experience effectively working remotely in a global, distributed organization.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering both office based and remote work options (your choice!).
- Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity - Any new team member who joins our company is eligible to receive stock options.
- Our competitive time-off policy complies with all local country laws at a minimum of given time off + all paid bank holidays.
- Home office setup allowance for our remote employees.
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.