Senior Revenue Operations Manager, EMEA - London, UK
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications.
About the Role
The Senior Revenue Operations Manager role at Cockroach Labs is an integral link between the revenue and sales organization, marketing, finance and legal as well as other teams supporting the go-to-market at Cockroach Labs in the EMEA region. This role will be responsible for, among other projects, managing operational processes and reporting, driving coverage, territory design and quota allocation, and providing commercial and deal related support. The successful candidate will have a broad understanding and experience with selling processes, exceptional analytical and organizational skills, be comfortable juggling multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines, and have the ability to proactively and effectively work together with all organizational levels, particularly interfacing between Sales teams and internal cross-functional stakeholders. This position is a great opportunity to build and advance operational processes, policies and frameworks and create a scalable and predictable sales engine at a fast-moving high-technology company.
For this role, you must be based near London, UK or be willing to relocate and will be expected to come into the office two days a week.
- Partner with sales and go-to-market leadership to manage and execute operational processes and reporting, including weekly forecasting and reporting, bookings, pipeline hygiene and reviews, QBRs
- Assess and refine coverage model in EMEA, including capacity and investments across countries, segments and roles, and drive account prioritization and territory design to ensure broad rep productivity and goal attainment
- Facilitate quota allocation and support compensation planning and analysis
- Define and advance metrics framework and develop automated management-level dashboards and scorecards to provide visibility into performance against goals and future outlook
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales organization and develop actionable insights to improve sales productivity and market penetration
- Serve as the deal desk manager for the EMEA region (and APAC, as needed) and collaborate with the global deal desk team to support all commercial activities, including deal structuring and processing, pricing, review and approval of quotes, contracts, providing deal related support to the sales teams
- Work with other supporting teams (incl. Finance, Legal, Pricing) to address complex pricing/commercial terms and provide options to enable sales to address and overcome customer objections while maximizing revenue/bookings
- Ensure compliance with internal processes and policies (and external regulations)
- Function as a sales advocate and liaise with Legal and Finance teams to address and resolve obstacles
- Continually streamline and improve practices, including processes, policies, tools and templates, to support an efficient and effective deal desk
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with sales and go-to-market leaders and business partners (Finance, Legal, etc.)
- Other projects as assigned in Revenue Operations to impact sales productivity.
In your first 30 days, you will complete our onboarding programs and learn about our product, revenue strategy and sales and operational processes. Additionally, you will begin building relationships with key stakeholders across sales, marketing, customer success, finance and legal to understand the organization's goals and objectives better.
In your first 60 days, you will start managing and executing operational processes and reporting in the EMEA region, work on developing and refining metrics and dashboards, and actively participate in the deal-making process, collaborating with cross-functional teams to review, approve, and negotiate business opportunities. You'll also identify areas for productivity and process improvements, while taking on increased responsibility for managing non-standard deal requests.
In your first 90 days, you will take on additional projects to scale the sales and go-to-market engine in EMEA, build the deal desk function in the region and drive deal effectiveness. Finally, you will participate in cross-functional initiatives to drive operational excellence and continuously improve our go-to-market efforts.
- 5-7+ years of experience in Revenue or Sales Operations, with 3+ years of experience in deal desk
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills and interest in identifying and fixing problems
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal), with ability to quickly summarize findings and effectively communicate results to management
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and influence across a wide spectrum of functions to drive execution of initiatives and run the business
- Experience with complex sales cycles
- Ability to read, understand and draft contractual business terms and conditions
- Ability to drive multiple initiatives, establish appropriate priorities and meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Experience in subscription, consumption, and professional services billings
- Proficiency in SFDC, CPQ tools and advanced modeling (in Excel, Google Sheets)
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent practical experience
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible PTO & Flexible Hours
- Learning & Development Budget
- Relocation Support (as applicable)
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.