Manager, Sales Development - Austin, TX
What you build and where it takes you shouldn't be limited by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Manager, Sales Development lead a highly visible and motivated SDR team from Austin office. This person will work in partnership with our Senior Director of Sales Development to develop the strategic initiatives that drive outbound lead generation and inbound conversions for our sales organization. The right person for this role is someone who loves to build repeatable processes, has a data-driven mindset, and is excited to take our SDR team through this next stage of growth successfully.
- Train and mentor our Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) on outreach tactics, time management, objection handling, prospecting tactics, upselling and active listening skills.
- Drive operational excellence through constant process innovation and creative incentives.
- Help develop career paths for SDRs to further their professional growth.
- Maintain ongoing analysis of inbound and outbound lead generation performance.
- Partner with Sales & Marketing leadership to strategize and optimize entire sales pipeline activity while working to improve the lead conversion hand off process to ensure optimal customer experience.
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in our market and product, CockroachDB, so you can gain proficiency in our product and how we make it easier for companies to build and scale apps. You will also begin to build relationships with various individuals and teams at Cockroach Labs to build trust and establish connections.
After 3 months, you will be fully integrated into the team. You will be an active partner to our GTM leaders and will have begun initiating new projects and processes around SDR performance, enablement, and operations.
- 5-7+ years of experience, ideally working in a high-growth SaaS sales environment or similar space
- 2-3+ years of experience leading and developing an inbound/outbound sales development team at scale with experience managing managers
- Exceptional analytical skills a passion for process improvement
- Proven track record of delivering sales pipeline for enterprise & commercial accounts
- Ability to drive cross-functional alignment and coordination across sales and marketing teams
- Ability to attract, retain, and motivate exceptional SDRs and Sales Development Managers
- Competitive health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $105,000 to $133,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.