Senior Director, Global Sales Development - Austin, TX
What you build and where it takes you shouldn't be limited by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Senior Director, Global Sales Development, to lead our Sales Development organization across multiple markets and regions. This person will develop the strategic initiatives that drive outbound lead generation and inbound conversions for our sales organization while serving as a bridge between the Sales and Marketing teams. The Senior Director, Global Sales Development will report to our SVP of Worldwide Sales.
For this role, you must be based near Austin and will be a key pillar of our new office & Center of Excellence in downtown Austin.
- Motivate and develop SDRs and SDR Managers to deliver outbound and inbound initiated Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs), exceed goals through coaching, incentives, and clear growth paths.
- Plan, forecast, and measure SDR capacity to ensure the team is grown effectively, in tandem with the needs of our sales organization.
- Build a world-class SDR team by recruiting, coaching, training, and developing a global team of SDRs and SDR Managers.
- Develop a robust career path for early career sellers that can lead to inside sales and, eventually, field sales.
- Be part of the global sales executive team and influence key strategic decisions for the Cockroach Labs sales organization.
- Partner with Sales Enablement to ensure the SDR onboarding program and ongoing training is up-to-date on our current product offering and sales motions.
- Collaborate with Revenue and Marketing Operations teams to ensure the SDR team has the best tools to do their job and that they are configured to optimize SDR efficiency and productivity
- Use data and analytics to know your business, including monitoring and tracking the inbound and outbound lead generation performance activity at the team and individual levels.
- Analyze the team’s sales process and manage appropriate metrics for sales funnel management. Use data to drive your focus and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in our market and product, CockroachDB, so you can gain proficiency in our product and how we make it easier for companies to build and scale apps. You will also begin to build relationships with various individuals and teams at Cockroach Labs to build trust and establish connections.
After 3 months, you will be fully integrated into the team. You will be an active partner to our GTM leaders and will have begun initiating new projects and processes around SDR performance, enablement, and operations.
- 10+ years working in a high-growth SaaS sales environment or similar space
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing an outbound sales development team at scale.
- Understanding of Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) processes and a proven track record of delivering SQL’s for Strategic and Enterprise accounts in a high velocity, high-growth business
- Ability to drive cross-functional alignment and coordination across sales and marketing teams
- Experience developing pipeline generation motions and strategies that apply to both large customer acquisition and low-touch small customer acquisition
- Experience leveraging data and systems in innovative ways to drive growth and scale.
- A deep understanding of customer needs to design sales processes that solve for customers first
- The ability to motivate and align a team to a vision and manage effectively through change
- Ability to attract, develop, retain, and motivate exceptional SDR Managers and SDRs
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible PTO & Flexible Hours
- Learning & Development Budget
- Relocation support
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $171,500 to $238,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.