Senior Revenue Enablement Manager, Sales Performance - Austin, San Francisco, New York
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world. Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We are seeking a talented and motivated Revenue Enablement Manager to report into the Sales Performance function of Revenue Enablement. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing individualized enablement plans for sellers based on their specific performance challenges. You will collaborate closely with sales leadership, revenue operations, and the sales team to identify areas of improvement, develop tailored enablement strategies, and provide targeted support to enhance seller performance and drive revenue growth.
- Conduct thorough analysis of individual seller performance, including sales metrics, pipeline management, win/loss analysis, and customer feedback. Identify specific performance challenges, skill gaps, and areas for improvement.
- Design and develop individualized enablement plans for sellers based on their performance challenges. Create targeted strategies to address skill gaps, improve sales effectiveness, and support the achievement of revenue targets.
- Curate and recommend relevant enablement content, training materials, playbooks, and resources to support the individual enablement plans. Identify or develop specialized content that addresses specific performance challenges and provides practical guidance for sellers.
- Provide one-on-one coaching and skill development sessions to sellers. Conduct role-playing exercises, sales scenario simulations, and constructive feedback sessions to enhance selling techniques, objection handling, negotiation skills, and overall sales performance.
- Establish metrics and evaluation methods to track and measure the impact of individualized enablement plans. Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the plans, and make adjustments as necessary. Provide regular performance updates and reports to sales leadership and stakeholders.
- Working with the Seller Readiness and Development function of Revenue Enablement to uncover, establish and institutionalize best practices that ensure seller success.
- Collaborate with sales leadership, sales operations, and cross-functional teams to ensure alignment between enablement plans and overall sales strategies. Communicate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders to ensure seamless implementation and execution of enablement initiatives.
In your first 30 days, you will complete our general and sales onboarding programs, learn about our message and product, and connect with revenue leadership team. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company.
In your first 60 days, you will begin to develop a sales performance and strategic account planning program, identifying leading indicator sales performance dashboards and planning cadence.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will be actively partnering with account executives and their managers on performance and planning and will be actively influencing rep attainment.
- 5-8+ years of experience in sales, sales management, or sales enablement.
- Proven experience in sales enablement, sales training, or a similar role, with a focus on designing and implementing individualized enablement plans.
- In-depth understanding of sales methodologies, processes, and best practices.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze sales performance data and identify performance gaps.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring abilities to provide constructive feedback and support to sellers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with sales teams, sales leadership, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on driving revenue growth and improving individual seller performance.
- Ability to adapt and customize enablement strategies based on the unique challenges and needs of each seller.
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to work, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $125,000 to $170,000 plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.