Account Executive - Paris, France
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. That's why we created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
Our Account Executives target and close new business with Cockroach Labs’ largest, most strategic customers and prospects. In this role, you’ll focus on uncovering the pain points these organizations face as they evaluate migrating to a modern data solution, delivering the appropriate CockroachDB solution based on their needs. You will do this by helping key stakeholders at target accounts understand how Cockroach Labs’ solutions can improve their business objectives and outcomes, ultimately driving the buying process forward. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion for becoming an expert in CockroachDB’s product capabilities, business impact, and competitive advantages and loves to build long-lasting relationships with customer needs at the center. To be eligible for this role, you must be based in the Paris, France area.
- Be responsible for a select number of key accounts that generate a significant amount of revenue for Cockroach Labs. These customers are typically complex in organizational structure and require a solution-selling approach to closing deals
- Lead a cross-functional account team (marketing, sales engineering, product, customer support) in the development and execution of detailed account plans and strategies to grow existing footprint within existing customers and secure new logo customers
- Be the primary partner to the customer and their liaison to Cockroach Labs, and act as an ambassador for the customer internally within the Cockroach Labs team. You are excellent at building relationships within an account and have a knack for understanding customers’ pain points and how CockroachDB will solve them
- Provide accurate forecasting for in and out-of-quarter opportunities and quarterly revenue commitments. You are very data-driven and understand the importance of accurately representing forecasts and how that maps to a high win rate of qualified opportunities.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and will be able to pitch the product proficiently. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully engage with existing accounts and grasp the sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have built cross-functional relationships and will have started building your strategy for account penetration.
After three months, you'll have a sound plan for account strategy and mapping. You have started building relationships with several leaders across your region and are beginning to understand their challenges and how CockroachDB can help solve them.
After nine months, you will have 3x your quota in pipeline. You will also have finalized account plans for 3 of your largest accounts and have at least 3 POCs in process.
- 5-7+ years of field quota-carrying, solution-selling experience, and demonstrated success in software sales within the database ecosystem or adjacent technologies
- Experience leading large and complex sales cycles within the C-Level at Fortune 500 companies
- The ability to assess customer needs and build valuable, trusted, relationships at all levels
- Experience leading a consultative sales approach and negotiations in a complex software environment with a successful track record
- A strong ability to connect with customers by actively listening to determine their needs
- A track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets
- Expert time and resource management skills
Reporting to Gareth Whiting - Vice President of Sales - EMEA, at Cockroach Labs
Gareth joined Cockroach Labs because Cockroach is uniquely placed as the worlds of scalability, cloud, transactional workloads and distributed systems all come together to drive the next major digital transformation shift. CRDB provides the only global distributed transactional database that is cloud neutral and will allow customers to handle these major shifts while helping companies comply with data privacy issues. When not working closely with his team, customers and prospects, he loves to spend time with his family and simply enjoy life from sports, keeping fit, travel and reading.
- Competitive health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support