Manager, Corporate Sales - Austin, TX
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Manager of Corporate Sales to join our outstanding sales organization. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and motivating a team of Inside Sales Representatives and will be measured by your team's overall quota attainment, new business acquisition, and expansion into existing customer accounts. You will provide strategy, mentorship, and guidance for your team, who are responsible for driving new business through the full sales cycle. The ideal candidate can scale an effective high-velocity sales process and is exceptional at inspiring customers and prospects through a sales cycle. To be eligible for this role, you must be based in Austin, Texas.
- Manage, coach, and scale a team of Corporate Sales Representatives
- Guide a team in achieving and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Monitor high-velocity sales performance: activity, pipelines, forecasts, and closed deals to ensure quota attainment
- Manage the sales funnel from prospect to close and create metrics to improve performance
- Drive lead penetration, high activity standards, and pipeline management
- Develop a strong understanding of CockroachDB and value proposition within the market
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales Engineering, and Customer Success to maximize revenue growth
- Have the ability to build strong relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Partner with Recruiting in the hiring and interviewing process, as well as training and ramp-up of new team members
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and become proficient in the product. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully engage with existing accounts and grasp sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have developed an initial strategy to achieve the revenue goals.
After 60 days, you'll be competent in pipeline best practices, sales process and forecasting. You will work with your manager to set the relevant OKRA’s to reach yours and your team’s sales goals. You will also have started closing smaller size or existing deals that are already in flow.
After 3 months, you will have started doubling the commercial team’s pipeline and will be working on closing some of your later stage opportunities while targeting more complex deals. In addition you will start to build a clear view of current and next quarters deals and the prioritization of the key deals to ensure success. A more detailed strategy plan is expected based on the knowledge acquired over the initial 3 months. This will be worked on in partnership with the VP of Sales for the Americas.
As you gain momentum at Cockroach Labs, you will also increase your sales pipeline, improve win rates and develop a strong team culture and to help grow the overall revenue of Cockroach Labs.
- 5-7+ years overall experience in technology sales
- 2-3+ year experience as a high-growth SaaS leader/manager leading an inside sales team
- Passion for coaching, mentorship, and team management with evidence of managing high-performance teams
- Strong track record of achieving sales targets across teams and individually
- Experience managing and coaching through the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing
- Experience and are comfortable leveraging sales methodologies such as Command of the Message, Force Management, MEDDPICC
- Experience using Salesforce for accurate forecasting
- Experience in hiring and training talent at scale
- Ability to function in a “Player/Coach” capacity
- Ability to travel as needed
Reporting to Daniel Guerrero Cuello, Director of Corporate Sales.
Daniel is responsible for building out Cockroach Lab’s Global Corporate Sales organization, focusing on building a scalable and repeatable motion to build the Revenue organization’s future sales talent and revenue pipelines. He is a 10 year technology sales veteran with a track record of building development-focused sales cultures and process-oriented teams.
- Competitive health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $95,000 to $117,500, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.