Software Engineer, Backend - Bangalore, India
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. That's why we created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
The Cloud Admin team’s mission is to build the infrastructure that powers CockroachDB Cloud’s operations - everything from internal administrative dashboards, to Billing operations, to Marketplace integrations. The ideal candidate will have experience building web applications using Go. You have a passion for talking to customers, figuring out their real needs, and iterating quickly. Your job is to figure out what solutions are needed to make running CockroachDB Cloud even more productive, build them, deploy them, introduce them to the team, and then go build the next one. Working closely with our team of Cloud Engineers, you will be part of a collaborative culture striving to make data easy globally by integrating distributed databases and the cloud with a world-class developer experience.
- Develop in Golang as an application developer. Work closely with other full stack and frontend developers.
- Design, build, test, and improve common software architecture for CockroachDB. You bring your expertise and commitment to excellence to build the best cloud database service for our users, partners, and customers.
- Work with the team to build the platform that enables Enterprises to be ready to use CockroachDB via support, admin, billing, and marketplace integrations.
- Keep a complex system running and solve problems relating to mission-critical services.
In the first month, you will become an integrated member on our engineering team. You’ll become familiar with our production systems, software development workflow, and architecture for CockroachDB and our Dedicated and Serverless offerings. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company.
After 3 months, you'll be a fully-fledged member of the team. You will be comfortable contributing to our platforms. You will begin to determine the parts of our product that most interest you and work with your manager to focus your efforts on projects that align with those areas and the product roadmap.
As our team grows, you will have the opportunity to shape the direction of development for CockroachDB. We want our users to have a phenomenal experience using our product, and you play a crucial role in making it a joy to use.
- A passion for working on applications that serve the needs of internal customers
- Experience developing full-stack applications with Go or other modern languages.
- Comfort in understanding how to deliver value within a rapid and iterative release cycle.
- A genuine interest in creating great end-to-end experiences for your users.
- Experience building collaborative relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on complex problems.
- Desire to be part of a new team on a new site and willingness to contribute to team and site-building.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote teams across time zones.
- Ideally, you have 5+ years of relevant experience, but the number of years matters less than your previous accomplishments and ability to own large-scale technical initiatives.
The Team :
BabuSrithar - Site Lead, India
BabuSrithar is the Site Leader for India. He is responsible for our growth strategy and is a regional cultural champion. He is passionate about building high-quality software products and lean teams by leveraging everyone's potential. He enjoys working with people and learning along the way. Before joining Cockroach Labs, BabuSrithar held senior leadership positions at companies like Nutanix, Clumio, and recently he was VP of engineering at Apty where he led the engineering globally. When not at work, he enjoys his time with his 3-year-old and family.
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO